68.

"Okay, seriously, Derek Christopher Shepherd, we should have left like ten minutes ago," Meredith said as she pounded on the bathroom door. "And I still have to brush my teeth. Stop putting all that gel in your hair and..." her voice trailed off as Derek flung the door open, standing in front of her in her favourite black dress pants and a red button down, the first few buttons undone to reveal just a hint of the chest hair she loved to run her fingers over. "Oh."

"Oh?" Derek smirked, raising an eyebrow as he crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the doorframe.

"You look...I mean, the shirt is..." she stared at him for a moment, her teeth sinking into her lower lip before she launched herself at him, throwing her arms around his neck as she kissed him hard, a leg going to wrap around his waist. Derek responded eagerly, running his hands up and down her back before travelling to her thighs, his hand inching under the deep green dress she was wearing as he pulled her closer to him. They kissed passionately for a few moments before they both had to pull away, completely out of breath.

"Mer..." he breathed, his eyes filled with desire as he stared at her, taking in her flushed cheeks and the way her chest rose and fell quickly as she tried to catch her breath. The dress showed just the right amount of cleavage, and he could feel his pants getting tighter by the moment as he took in her appearance.

"I...we can't," Meredith shook her head. "We're going to be late for dinner at your mom's and we just...can't."

"What?" Derek asked, his brain still cloudy. "Mer...you can't kiss me like that and not do anything about it."

Meredith swallowed hard as she looked down at the obvious bulge in his pants, feeling the heat of arousal spread through her own body as well. "I want to," she whispered. "God, Derek, I want you. But we're already late."

"And I what am I supposed to do with this?" Derek asked, gesturing to his pants.

Meredith giggled as she picked her coat up off the bed. "Well, maybe I can do something about that on the ferryboat," she said as she tossed him his own jacket. "Just make sure you're calm enough to drive."

"Mean," Derek muttered, shrugging his coat on. "I'm married to an evil mean... person."

"Yes, I know," Meredith rolled her eyes, taking his hand and leading him down the stairs. "Your mother is going to kill us."

Derek sighed as he hurried towards the parking garage behind her. It had been two months since they had been attacked, and he was sure that they had never been stronger as a couple. When they'd finally been able to put the initial fears and stress following the attack, they had turned to each other in ways that made him love her even more. They had been amazing together before, but now...now he felt as though he had a sixth sense when it came to his wife. He was able to know how she was feeling, whether she needed a hug from him or to be left alone, and he always knew when he should step in to help her with her problems, and when she could handle them on her own. She was completely amazing, and he couldn't believe that he was lucky enough to be married to her.

Their first semester of med school had been difficult, with more stress than anyone should have had to face, but they had gotten through it brilliantly. They'd both made quick and smooth recoveries from their physical injuries, and although it had taken time for them to feel comfortable making love again, when they'd finally done it, it was more amazing than it ever had been before. After coming so close to losing each other, they reached a new level of lovemaking, learning to worship each other's bodies in ways they hadn't known before. And of course, Meredith had been more than willing to indulge in some of the fantasies he'd let slip during his brief encounter with morphine.