15.

"Mer, what is it?" Derek asked softly after he spent a few long moments rocking her gently.

Meredith shook her head. "It's nothing really," she replied. "At least, nothing new."

"You can tell me," Derek encouraged, squeezing her hand.

"My mom and I had a great night last night," she whispered. "And we made peace. But then this morning she didn't even want me there and she threw me out of the house. So I went to Addie's and Mark was there, and suddenly...I just needed you."

Derek leaned forward to press his lips against her forehead before he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "You're okay now, Mer," he replied. "You're always welcome here."

"You most certainly are," Emma cut into the conversation. "Now that Derek's here, darling, why don't you go wash up? Derek, bring her upstairs and get her some fresh towels. And your father can help me with dinner since you have company."

"Thanks, Mom," Derek said gratefully, squeezing Meredith's hand as they headed towards the stairs. They were silent as Derek walked her into his room, and as soon as the door closed behind them, Meredith turned to Derek and buried her face in his shoulder.

"Thank you," she whispered. "For letting me stay."

"Of course you can stay," Derek whispered. "You can always come to me, Mer. Do you want to tell me what happened?"

"She just...kicked me out of the house," Meredith whispered. "And the way she looked at me was just terrible. I didn't have the energy to deal with that. So Mark and Addison took me here."

"I wish I'd been here," Derek sighed. "You shouldn't have had to deal with that alone."

"I had Addie," Meredith replied. "And your mom...she's amazing, Derek."

"I know," he said softly. "I'm glad you like her."

"I told her what happened," Meredith admitted quietly. "She told me that it's not really her anymore. And she said that last night, when my mom was being all amazing...that was probably who she really is. And that she really is proud of me."

"Oh, Mer," Derek whispered, cradling her close. "I'm sure she's proud of you. You're amazing."

She buried her face in his chest for a moment before she lifted it to look around his room. "So this is your room," she said with a soft giggle. "It looks like...Derek."

"Well, I should hope so," Derek laughed. "It is my room."

Meredith's eyes landed on the picture he had placed on the nightstand the day before. "And I'm in your room," she whispered.

"It's where you belong, Mer," he said softly. "With me."

She nodded softly. "Should we go help your mom with dinner?" she asked.

Derek tilted his head to the side and looked at her closely. "Are you sure you want to deal with my family?" he asked.

"Yeah," Meredith said. "Your mom...she's really nice. And I want to meet your dad."

"Okay," Derek said, standing from the bed and pulling her to her feet. "But first I have to do this."

Meredith was surprised when he pressed his lips against hers in a passionate kiss, but she quickly gave in and wrapped her arms tightly around his neck, her tongue battling with his for power. They engaged in the passionate kiss for several moments before she finally pulled back and smiled widely. "Wow," she said.

"I've always wanted to make out with a girl in my room," Derek smirked.

Meredith laughed as she pulled him out of the room. "Don't get your hopes up," she said as they made their way down the stairs.