Chapter Two

Kana's POV: 

I sorted through the paper work. The ash poison that still racked my body years later had me bed ridden today. Hava, my assistant came through the doors. "Your predictions are correct mam' they'll be here today." 

"Alert Nesta, it'll be a close fight." Hava nodded and swiftly made her way out of the room. I sighed, her light harsh steps alerted me of her presence. Nesta burst through the doors, and clicked it closed behind her. 

"We'll get obliterated." Nesta snarled. I sighed, and set the paper work aside. I pushed myself off the bed. My knee long nightgown swept with me. I gripped my twin by the shoulders. "You will not get obliterated. Keep all of your archers in the tree line with Feyre's forces. Keep your foot soldiers near the tree line, but not one-hundred paces past that." 

Nesta nodded, she set her hands under my arms. "Please tell me we can win this." I smiled at my twin, "Of course we can win this. The question Nesta, is will everyone be willing to sacrifice something to win this." 

Nesta snarled, "They'll do it." I tilted my head just enough. "They'll do it because they value their lives more than they value land." 

"I truly hope you are right sister." 

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ♞ ♝ ♜ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

Feyre's POV: 

I sat in the tree line, Regina directly behind me. Her steady presence was tense, "Amarantha and her forces are going to beat us into oblivion." 

I snorted, "We have Kana, Nesta, and many others you don't have clearance to hear about we'll be fine." 

Regina murmured, "I know, but she has all the High Lords." I glanced at my third, "Yeah the High Lords  who absolutely hate her, and would pay anyone anything to have her head mounted on their perfect manor walls." 

Matt asked from a branch near ours, "Why does Kana want us to kick Amarantha out anyways it's the fae's problem." 

"Because Hybern is stirring." Nesta answered from down below us. "And according to her spies they have allies in Montesere, Vallahan, and Rask." 

I said quietly, "Kana had intel on Rask she can probably get them out of the mix. If they back out the other two will as well." Nesta nodded her agreement below. Regina asked, "Nes, what does K' want us to do with the bodies?" 

"Don't call me Nes," My sister snarled. Regina new her track record enough to nod her head in submission. "She gave me a list of horrible people, they are Amarantha's right hands, we're going to use their heads to make a statement." 

Regina winced, "It'll be harder to get the Lord's on our side." 

Nesta snorted, "The hell it will." 

A horn blew. I turned my gaze the the two thousand soldiers. Headed up by two of Amarantha's head Commanders. The horn blew again. "They wan us to surrender!" Regina shouted. she was always the one to do pep talks. "We'll turn it around on them!" 

They blew the horn a third time. A long pause stretched in silence. The commander on the west side roared, they charged as one. I let out a low whistle that peaked to a high note, and held it for three seconds. 

Unstrapping my bow I tugged an arrow back to my cheek. I whistled a long note. Arrows flew. they hit straight into the ground, and some into the eyes of soldiers. Boulders doused in oil flew through the air. I whistled again, fiery arrows made their way through the air. Right before the boulders hit the ground the arrows found their places on them.