Chapter Thirty-Seven

A/N: Small question, for... future purposes... How old is Gavriel from Tog? (P.S I imagine the elven blades like Rayla's from The Dragon Prince. Happy Reads!) 

Kana's POV: 

The headache I had the next morning was atrocious. Massaging the aching temples, I dawned the armor that had been discarded last night. Rask needed it's Princess, this was a pointless dream anyways. Now that it had been made known an elder Princess of Rask existed, I'd never be able to stay here often anyways.

A pointless dream. The shadows, currently swirling in the corner, must have brought my borrowed armor. The Weaver would be paid a visit by yours truly today. I barely noticed as the shadows curled over the clothes and likely tossed them where they could be watched.

Not bothering to silence my footsteps, I descended the stairs. Feyre walked from the dining room and stood with her hands on her hips. She snapped, "Absolutely not, Kana, you just got here!"

"War waits for no man, I taught you that." I reminded her. I stepped around her just as Cassian moved and blocked the door. I had to stand on the tip of my toes to come up an inch above his shoulder.

Out of all of my sisters, I was the tallest. But no more than an inch. I muttered, "You heard what he said, Cas, I have to find them."

He shook his head, "I don't even know what you're looking for, nor do I know why you want them." i frowned and flicked his forehead, he gripped my wrist. I reminded him, "You are one of the smartest General's of your age Cassian, use that brain for once while you are not on the battlefield."

He sighed and shoved me back towards Feyre. I opened my arms and she wrapped hers around my form. Sighing into her hair, I kissed the top of her head. I whispered, "Have you called the crows?"

"Not since you died, no." Feyre shook her head, a frown adorning her face. "I just want them to have peace, they've fought so hard."

I would tell her that soldiers only have bad options to pick from. She'd heard that her entire life though. I sighed and whispered, "Talk to Rhys about it, maybe Cas. Amren might be a bitch but she likely has good advice too."

Feyre's eyes lit with a warmth, she'd long since shown to me. She pulled us together again smiling, setting her head on my armored shoulder. Feyre grumbled, "I wish you'd stay for a while." You will go where I need you to be.

"I'm a busy female, Feyre. I'll see what I can do though." I claimed, ruffling her hair a bit. She smiled and shooed me off to do what I came here to do. Cassian kissed the top of my head as I left.

Winnowing outside of the protection of Velaris, chills racked the air. The leather armor had small plates of steel guarding the important bits. One on my weak shoulder, a breastplate and abdominal guard that also guarded the back, and knee guards.

I yanked the hood up and pulled the mask up before darting into the forest. Winnowing into the Middle, I continued running in the direction of the Weaver's cottage.

Eventually the cottage peaked through the trees, Sighing I stalked through and past the wards. How would I not die? The Weaver has the blueprints, obviously, but where are the bones?

Knocking on the door, a hissing sound came from within the cottage. Luckily the Weaver was blind, as the hissing continued I pulled a hidden knife that had been stealthed underneath a piece of leather on my thigh.

The door swung open and The Weaver snarled, her teeth shining with something that looked like blood. She hissed, "Did you bring nothing but your life to offer me?"

"I was told by a friend that you had something I was looking for, blueprints. Blueprints to the gates of the Prison." I explained to her, gently moving away from her sharp teeth. "And that you had the spare bones one would need as well."