Chapter Eighteen

Kana's POV: The Night of the Winter Solstice.

Feyre was currently trapped in Spring Court.

Once upon a time, this mansion had been filled with people. Gala's and balls thrown every night. Sneaky plans of an elder sister to test her power, walking in and out of walls.

Tormenting the mean guests that hurt her sister's feelings. She was living.

I have not lived in years.

I stared out the window to the endless snowy fields beyond. The streets were musy with mud, and freezing water. I shivered and gripped my blanket tighter around me.

The house was completely empty. Not even Hava remained. No, she had gone home to see family in Day Court. Elain and Nesta had plans to spend the night at Graysen's manor.

I stood from my chair, gripping the walls. I moved to the upper floor of the house. I walked into a room long since forgotten. Father's office was down the hall, he was at a merchant's gala tonight and would be away until next week.

I walked into the observatory. The glass roof allowed me to look up at the stars. I sat on my knees, and pulled the blanket up covering my neck. I bowed down to the floor.

And so I began.

The prayers.

Prayers upon prayers.

The prayers are said in the Raskian temples. Tears coated my cheeks as I spoke in the language I forced myself to learn. I'd never get to speak Raskus with Xerxes, I'd never get to go to the temples with him.

For I was to die this year.

I would not live to see the next. I opened my eyes, and straightened my back. I glanced around, out of the corner of my eyes something dark moved.

My heart lurched, Azriel's shadows. I shifted to look.

It was the curtains.

I pressed my lips together, I pressed my forehead to the cold floor. I sobbed, weak, I was so weak. My cries echoed through the empty mansion. Not even the devils offered me company tonight.

Hey guys! This is an incredibly short piece of the story I wanted to tell you guys. Kana is that one person in the friend group that isn't invited to anything, simply because people just forget.

This chapter will make sense in the chapters to come

Happy reads everyone!

: Dragon-Fly