Chapter Eight

Feyre's POV:  

I groaned, a blistering headache cut through my skull. I rolled over and hit something that was not my pillow. The light was bright, it flew through the curtains like a new awakening.

A strong arm wrapped around me. He nestled his nose and tickled my neck. He grinned against my skin, "So how was it-"

I shot up, the dream branded into my mind. I brought my hand across my face. I glanced around, I fell back against my pillows. The High Lord spoke in my head, What's wrong darling?

I snapped at him, Fuck off. I felt his amusement, who was it. Who was that guy? But I knew deep down it wasn't a guy, it had been a male. I shivered, when the High Lord spoke again, What's with the disgust Feyre? I thought we were on good terms?

I rolled out of bed, and yanked open a dresser drawer. Not for you. It- it was just a bad dream. Now geet the fuck out of my head while I change.

I wrapped my robe around myself. And stepped out on the balcony, it was frigid. I ducked back into my room and pulled some sparring leggings on, with a training shirt. I grabbed my leather jacket and slung it around my shoulders. Boots in hand I grabbed my sword and slung it over my shoulder.

The High Lord was back, Training? It's freezing in the human-lands right? I sent him a brief feeling of the coldness out on my balcony. It's perfect to test people's wits.

The High Lord felt amused, I quickly realized. You never told me your name. There was silence and the High Lord finally answered when I was exiting the estate grounds. My name is Rhysand.

I grumble, Well Rhysand, where are Amarantha's forces? I was met with silence, We are pulling fae from the mountain.

He must have felt my guilt. Don't worry, it was mostly bad people anyways. I made sure they got caught by the wyrm.

Why? I questioned. He answered simply, Because they needed to die. Much like most of the people who double cross me.

I stood at the edge of the Illyrian training fields. Can you see through my eyes? The high lord seemed almost offended. Of course I can.

Look. I commanded. I felt his presence in a clear form beside me. He growled in my ear, "Do not command me-" I was pointing out to the fields. He looked around, the lines of soldiers. All Illyrian females. His face seemed to drop. I said quietly, "When the time comes, High Lord, I will kill Amarantha. And anyone who follows in her footsteps will succumb to my blades as well."

He disappeared, I continued walking to the training fields. Regina was waiting for me, she grinned. "I'm going to beat you today."

"Probably," I grumbled, Regina and I trained separately from everyone else. Something Kana was preparing, ready to unleash us on the world. I lined up with the other fae. Nuan, Hava, and The Reaper were here. Three of the Originals, The Reaper represented Rask, Nuan for Dawn Court, and Hava for Day.

The Reaper said loudly, "High General Kana assigned you all to this training because you are all the top of your classes and meet the criteria. Not all of you are right of the fields. As seen, Commander Feyre, Captain Regina, and Commander Emerie of the Vespertilio Legion are present as well."

Emerie winked and Regina and I. She'd be a good Commander to piss people off. Hava stepped forward and said, "You all will be our new Elite group to the field. When not dealing with your own legions you will be the first responders to get a battle on track should we be losing."