Chapter Twenty-One

Kana's POV: 

I waited for Feyre. She was coming, I knew those stupid elders had decided to take matters into their own hands. I shot the fresh shot of whisky down my throat. I withheld the burning cough that came after.

Feyre burst through the doors just as I had hidden my favorite glass away. She had been crying, Rhys trailed behind her on silent feet. I watched his sympathy filled gaze. "I'm not sending you back to that shit hole."

"You could live, Kana! You have too!" My sister burst. Out of all the people, Feyre was by far the sister who knew my wants best. She knew I had craved to have children of my own. To walk around without being sick.

"I don't have to do anything." I flipped through reports hiding my saddened gaze. Scrying was dangerous. Tamlin was indeed an asshole. I had scried the truth from death, whether he healed me or not I would still die. It was the choice of who I would take down with me.

"Feyre do you not think that the people who I trust most have tried everything." I questioned her, something pinged in my heart as I watched her face drop. I continued anyways, "The process he's talking about is something written from an ancient text that had been passed down for generations along the Spring Court royals."

Feyre said in a hollow voice, "And Bron's father found it and helped you try it." Rhys' gaze snapped up at the mention of the former Original.

I nodded, "Origin Spring was a loyal male Feyre, he hunted that tapestry down. He brought it to me on a silver platter Feyre. We tried, and in the process killed the entire forest around Fort Lethe. And we still failed."

Feyre swallowed as her eyes brimmed with tears, "We can try again, they're has to be another spell-"

"Feyre, did you know I met a seer once?" I asked her. She paused, and shook her head. I pulled the bone from my desk, the bone with carving. Rhysand's face paled, Feyre swallowed. "She was not a normal seer but a seer of deaths to come. You knew her as The Reaper."

Feyre shook her head, I watched her shoulders slump in defeat. I asked with a stern face, "Do you know what she told me the first time I met her?" Feyre shook her head again, I continued my path. "She looked me in the eyes and smiled. She said twelve words Feyre, twelve words that forever changed every step that I took. 'You were born to die, choose who will join you in death.'"

Feyre looked like she would vomit. I handed her the bone, she studied it, and I watched her fingers tremble over her and her sister's names. "I will die Feyre, because if I do not, all three of you will take my place."

"It's not fair." She croaked. I watched Rhysand step forward and steady her. She dropped the bone on the carpet and rushed out of the room. I whispered, "It's fair Feyre all of it, I promise you that."

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ♞ ♝ ♜ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

Feyre's POV:

I sat in my room with a throw draped over me. I sniffled and pulled the damn thing tighter around me. I kicked Rhysand out about an hour ago. I could feel him downstairs talking with someone.

I watched my door handle twist. Cas came in with mugs in both of his hands. "Hot tea with an unseemly amount of honey is a great way to start the process of moping, here." He shut the door quickly, I snatched a mug out of his hands. He chuckled and sat down beside me. He leaned back on the pillows.

I watched his brows raise as he looked at my ceiling. I glanced up at the old artwork I'd down up there. Stars, constellations had been traced out, the night sky and stars. Cas said, "It's beautiful Feyre."