Chapter Thirty-Four

Kana's POV:

Olivia and I looped our arms together and made our way from the terrace. She giggled, "I know you aren't in the market for males right now, but can we at least acknowledge they're hot."

I bobbed my head, and Olivia grinned. "We were at a small Party in the City a few days ago and Advisor Falcon was there."

"Really?" I whispered a bit shocked, he clearly didn't like attending parties or any political gathering for that manner. Olivia eagerly shook her head, and cover her hands with her mouth as she whispered. "I was able to get a few words in with him, and he told me a friend of his said something smart and he was now going to make the attempt to go to more balls."

I blinked, "Really?" That girl was me, most people took what I said as orders or blew me off because I was a female. He took my words, and considered them in way not even my sisters did.

"I really want to know who this friend of his is." Olivia muttered under her breath. She pulled me a bit closer with her arm, "Do you think they're hot? I mean we could split the deal fifty-fifty, Flacon for you and a mystery friend for me."

We whipped our heads glaring at each other before bursting into a fit of giggles. I hadn't laughed like this since I was a little girl. A little girl. I don't really remember that last time I laughed, but it was years ago, before mother died.

The wind blew through the cast open windows blowing our hair toward the wall. We darted from the windows trying to keep our hair from frizzing. Olivia waved her hand through the air like the lady she was, "You haven't met the Princes from Vallahan and Montesere yet have you?"

Shaking my head, Olivia's eyes lit up and her fingers dangled in front of her mouth as she imagined something. "You would like the third from Montesere, he's known for his good battle qualities among the wealthy bastards they are."

"We're richer than them." I reminded her quietly, she snorted and smiled. "We are but they act all high and mighty."

I smiled back at her, "So do most of the aristocrats here."

She giggled, "Yes, some do, but I promise they are worse."

We continued walking around the halls talking about ourselves and what we both did. Athena caught up to us and insisted she sit on my hip. I hoisted her up and she giggled, setting her head on my shoulder.

Olivia whispered, "Be careful here, if they find out you like kids it's pretty much over." I shrugged my shoulders, "I will not stop loving what I enjoy and what makes me happy. If the aristocrat bastards who insist on marriage cannot handle my answers then they shouldn't be involved in political matters."

Olivia mutters, smiling, "You were definitely once a general if you can come up with a speech like that off the top of your head."

I blushed a bit, it was a habit by this age. To manipulate the people to make decisions they wouldn't usually make. To get them to believe to come home from war when they will all die in reality.

Olivia whispered, "There is a certain hot advisor ahead of us." I glanced at her accusingly and she giggled. We continued whispering and murmuring. She said something silly, and the brightest laughs erupted from us. Enough so that we drew Falcon's attention. He smiled and lifted his hand in greeting.

I smiled back and waved politely. Some of his friends punched his shoulders playfully, like teenagers. Olivia and I kept walking for awhile before we both knew that females would threaten to ruin our silent whispers.

"I'll see you later." I declared Olivia smiled back and giggled, "Falcon likes you."

I elbowed her, cheeks warming. "We are friends, and soldiers we both have respect for each other."