Chapter Twenty

Rhysand's POV:

I nursed my glass, brooding. Cassian sat beside me with his own glass. I took a sip and Cassian said, "I want to kill Tamlin." Now, more than ever apparently.

"We all have for many years now." I muttered. My brother snarled at me, "She's twenty, Rhysand! We at least lasted until our fifties, but we knew things then. She's still stuck trying to figure out why he would do something like that!"

I finished off my glass in one big gulp. I sighed and covered my eyes with my hand, "I want him dead too," Cassian looked a bit relieved. "But it's not our kill."

I watched my brother straighten, "Mabe not but it's unlikely she'll ever pick up a knife again." I sighed, wishing I at least knew what Cas knew. I wish my own mate trusted me like she trusted my brother.

Cas said, as if he'd read my mind, "All you've shown her is the mask Rhysie, show her the Court of Dreams." I blinked, A fluffy head sat in my lap. Shad glared up at me.

I scratched his head, "Feyre will want to see you." He huffed and layed down at my feet. A small note popped into my lap. I read it over quickly, with the graceful handwriting of hers, Kana wants me to show you all the training ground tomorrow. You'll have a chance to meet the Illyrian Commander.

I showed the note to my brother. He smiled, "It's about time," We chated until we both found our way to our rooms. I walked through the barren halls, and a cold hand gripped my elbow.

I turned to Kana, her face was grave. I glanced ehr over quickly, "What's happened?"

"Tamlin's threatening us, I just wanted to warn you. If he makes a move you all need to winnow out. We can handle him." I pinched my lips together. "I will not just leave you-"

Her nails cut through my jacket, "You need to get her out of here." I blinked, Feyre would probably freak if she even scented Tamlin. I'd have to knock her out just to get her to calm down, if her nightmares were any indication.

I nodded, she slumped and rubbed her brows. She leaned against the wall, I offered her an arm. Kana looked at me gratefully. She took it, and leaned heavily on me.

She was weak, and I had not seen Hava around much. I reached out with my power until I found them. Nuala, Cerridwen could you all keep an eye on Kana when we aren't here? I felt the wrath's compliance. A bit of excitement as well, they had felt the same joy when they met Feyre for the first time.

I helped Kana to her door, she glared at me. A mother stared back, "If you aren't busy," She started and leaned into her door as coughing racked her body. I gripped her shoulder to keep her upright.

She waved me off, when they came to a slow stop. She repeated, "If you aren't busy, I'd like to take you to one of the orphanages. I think the boys are a bit routy from not learning real fighting techniques apparently."

I snorted, it sounded just like Cas and I when we were younglings. I nodded and smiled a bit, "I'd like that, Cas would go because you asked him. He'd probably enjoy it though."

Kana sighed and stepped into her room shutting the door behind her. I turned on my heel, shoving my hands into my pockets. Az appeared out of the shadows like a dark angel.

He murmured in my ear, "Tamlin is pissed off." I glared at him, "That we already knew."

His face was blank, "I mean he killed the guards that were on watch for treason. He is now doing everything in his power to claim Feyre back." His voice was low, Feyre most likely wouldn't be able to hear us from this distance.