Chapter Twenty-Six

This is a very chaotic chapter, you have been warned.

Kana's POV: 

I walked.

There was nothing in the darkness. I had no eyes. The Mother had paid no more visits. Sometimes her mark burned, warning me to stay away from a certain area.

Sometimes she heard voices just outside the darkness. She recognized one, Nesta, giving orders to her soldiers. I heard one time I had heard that Hava and the other Originals were in Rask.

Rask. I almost fell over thinking about it. I loved Rask, even though I had never laid eyes on it myself. The demon arrived, but this time the King made quick work of everything.

I felt him grip my soul with the cauldron's power. He whispered in my ear, "Thank you."

I snarled, "You will die, if not by my hand then by one of theirs." He laughed, "I have the cauldron on my side."

I grinned feral back at him, "And I have it's creator."

I let my mark burn, doing enough damage to his energy that the cauldron knew who, what, would be coming for Hybern. It may be an object, but I had learned while I was still alive that it was sentient.

"You've chosen your fate."

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ♞ ♝ ♜ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

Feyre's POV:

The book halves were too weak, they would be one.

The cauldron's strength was too great. We needed the book as one. I reached for both halves and set them on top of you. I heard Cassian object quickly. But it was Azriel who stopped him, knowing perhaps the knowledge she carried.

I set my hands on the cauldron and spoke. Time slowed. It felt like exhaustion. Feyre, when it comes down to it, forget the humanlands. Repeating it, like she knew I would need the information soon.

My eyes opened to the blurry view above me. Azriel gripped me, his face frantic. Blood dripped down his blade. What had happened? I forced my arms to work as, Rhys appeared, he wrapped a steady arm around my waist. He took the book from where it slid across the floor, and shoved it into his Illyrian jacket. I reached for my magic, a magic that wasn't there.

I heard Az scream out in pain. Mor pressed a hand to his chest instantaneously. Cass backed up just enough to hide my weakened form from view. Rhysand stood and stepped in front of Mor and Az.

Jurian I heard him mumble something. The thing stirred in my chest again. Then they dragged us to the throne room. The king smiled, "As long as you behave the poison won't kill him."

I glanced at the cauldron that had been moved with us. I looked to Az, and then to the monster who emerged from the shadows. I pressed as far back into my mate as I could get. His chest was a solid wall that kept me up right.

Tamlin glared at me like I was some prize. "Come here Feyre." I snarled, "I will never let you take me again."

"I think," The king spoke. "You will behave rather well." The doors slammed open, and my remaining sisters were shoved through the doors in chains. I snarled, "If you touch my sisters I will slaughter-"

"Do you see this talk of slaughter? Perhaps it is best we put them out of their misery." The Human Queen's smirked, "Hello Commander Feyre."

I blinked, as Rhysand snarled. I said cooly, "If you think I'm shocked you'd be wrong, Kana warned us about this months ago."