Chapter Twenty-Five

(The bow art concept was made by Boris Nikolic on ArtStation. )

Feyre's POV: 

Day Court was beautiful. It's libraries were something Kana had always wished to see.

She'd never see them.

I'd want to see them as well, if I weren't here to hear Kana's will. Nesta stalked beside me, she had taken Kana's chess piece from the manor. Nesta wouldn't even let me touch it, it was her anchor now.

Now that Kana is dead.

Rhysand was on my other side. He had never been far since he brought us back to Night Court after the fight. Rhysand had never really been my favorite person, but his presence was a comfort I didn't deserve.

Helion led us down his halls. The High Lord of Day had greeted us, gave his sympathies, and then had not spoken again. Helion was one of Kana's closest friends, given that Hava was her second.

But I believe it was also because Kana liked his company. When I had visited her the last time, we had caught Helion just leaving. Rhysand graced my elbow with his fingers.

I glanced at him, he spoke into my mind, We are right here. I glanced at Cassian who had been sorely distant these weeks. Since Kana had died. Kana changed the world, my sister had done a lot of good in her life.

And she had scarred the world so badly we'd never recover from her loss.

I watched as the Lord of Day pushed open the doors to a sitting room. A tapestry on the wall depicted a Bone-Singer. One had been the Lady of Day court thousands of years, is what Rhysand had told me.

A bone-singer.

Just like Kana.

Who had also been The Reaper.

Who had lied to us.

Lied to Everyone.

I sat down Rhysand perched himself behind me. Nesta claimed a comfortable chair for herself. Cassian stood near the doors, guarding us. Azriel stood on the other side.

I watched them both shift their wings. The old me would have smirked at my friends for intimidating the Day soldiers. It just seemed pointless to smile now.

We waited patiently. Elain's wedding had been put on a permanent hold. Graysen refused to marry her while she was grieving her sister. At least he didn't take advantage of her.

Like Tamlin did me.

As if she heard me, she walked in wearing a light gray dress. Her face was drawn, mouth pressed into a thin line. Elain was hit the least hardest by Kana's death. She still felt her absence though.

I shivered slightly and Rhysand set his hands on my shoulders as a small comfort. I leaned back, trying to wash away the feeling of dread.

The Originals walked in. I wanted to scream at them, beg for an answer of why they weren't there to defend their own. Then I looked at Hava. Instead of a braid, she wore a high ponytail, as Kana had called it.

A traditional Raskian hairstyle. She had been crying, you could see it in her face. Her greatsword was still strapped across her back as usual.

Then I noticed the clothes they were all wearing. Armor, bloodied armor. Rhysand gripped my shoulders terribly tight. He was staring at a male, I recognized him from somewhere.

It was Helion who spoke, "How the fucking shit are you alive Brutius?" He turned his cold gaze to the High Lord of Day, "After Rhysand shattered my mind and had me dumped in the woods. Kana found me, she used a forbidden spell to repair my mind. Though some things will be forever lost."