Chapter Ten

(This one is by Victoria Carbol, on youtube, I totally encourage you all to check her out.)

Feyre's POV:

I sat in Viviane's tent, I sipped the hot tea that the camp had provided for us. I sighed and said, "Thank you Commander Viviane for the warm accommodations."

She nodded, "It is not a problem. Frost laid behind me, I could feel his warmth seeping into my back. Maple laid at my side. While Shad loomed over me like a dark cloud. He only did it for my protection though.

"So," Viviane sipped her tea, and tilted her head. "What does the Winter Court have to gain from allying with the human-lands?"

"Well to start with you get on the good side with the Illyrian legion we have." I started smiling, acting like we had nothing of importance. "Well then if you don't help us Amarantha will go and get the blueprints for the armor for wings. Wouldn't that mean she could fly up here herself and wipe you all out?"

One of her Commander's choked on the tea he was sipping. I smugly sipped my tea and sighed. "Which of course is why we've come to warn you. We wanted to make sure that you knew the consequences if you didn't join us."

Viviane's face paled, "You wouldn't." Her snarl was absolutely vicious. I nodded while sipping my tea again. I glared at her, "You are right we would not do such a thing. The real question we should be asking is how far would Amarantha take it?"

Frost pressed into my back, I felt Shad snarl quietly in my ear. Viviane stated, "She'd kill you all."

I nodded, "If you don't join us, yes. Then there really will be no hope." I sipped my tea dn leaned back, Frost supporting me. He licked my hand telling me it was okay.

I pet his snout trying to calm my shaking unseen hands. Shad set his head on my shoulder, Viviane frowned when she felt the intensity of his gaze. When Shad licked his lips, he barely grazed my ear. I scratched his ear with my other hand.

"Tell me Commander Feyre. Why does your sister, High General Kana, go to all the trouble? She could have ordered The Reaper to wipe out Amarantha any second she wanted and yet she doesn't?"

I huffed. "You are clearly unaware of the curses she has piled on top of Prythian."

Viviane snarled, "I am perfectly aware of those curses but it seems you are not." She set her hand on the knife at her hip. Ray was behind her in a second, with his teeth he ripped the knife from her hip and chucked it across the tent.

"Sit down." I motioned with my hand. Viviane sat back down. I reminded her. "In case you're unaware, Amarantha has the High Lord's powers in her. The Reaper can only return the magic to their bodies. But for that she has to have physical contact with Amarantha. Along with a magical element from each court. This is why the Originals were first created."

Viviane's eyes went wide. I said flatly, "So why you bastards have been keeping her distracted we've been winning the war. Because the Originals are exactly their name. Originals from each court of Prythian. Because they have strong connections to their High Lords, The Reaper or High General Kana would be able to break all the curses at once."

The tent was completely silent. Viviane hissed, "So why do you need us? What do you need us for?"

"We need you, Viviane, because when all of this is over you will be proof that humans and fae can work together. We have been fighting two wars at once while you have been hiding out in your mountains." I declared setting my empty tea cup on the table.

What must be her second snarl, "You have no idea how powerful she is!"

Shad growled and I sniped, "If she's so powerful how come she had to trick all the High Lord's to rule Prythian? If she's oh so powerful, how come there are rebellions at every corner of Prythian resisting her rule?"