Chapter Nineteen

(Mild Violence mentioned, along with torcher)

A/N Above is what i see Kana looking like. ;)

Feyre's POV:

I tried my best to calm my racing heartbeat. Shad sat next to me, his stripping gaze hard to ignore. I breathe, perhaps the only thing I'd successfully done all day. Shad wanted me to try the magic that I had already used.

I tried flames first, I failed at that. Then the wind, a barrier like the one I used to keep Tamlin out. The air had not moved an inch. Darkness came next, the gift of Rhysand, I tried replicating the feelings I had when I first used it.

I failed at that too.

I sat in my bed that night wondering, wondering why I was so useless now. I used to understand, when I was human I could ask Kana for something and she'd explain it in so much detail I could successfully teach it to another person.

All only from one lecture.

Now I can't even remember why I am crying. I swatted my tears off my face, just as Cassian barged into my room. I shot up, for a second Tamlin stood in his place, "Will you bow tonight?"

"You look like you've seen a ghost." Cassian said, whatever he'd barged in for, was far from his mind. I shook my head slightly and pointed my gaze down to my lap. Shad moved and laid between where Cassian stood and I.

"What do you want?" I asked, my hands gripped tight in my lap. Cassian grinned, "I want to teach you to fight." I frowned, I had only begun learning Illyrian techniques when I was shipped off to Spring Court.

"Nesta is more Illyrian than human, if she were then she'd probably be the Head Matka of the village." Emerie, the light spirited female, had told me. 9I saw the term Matka used by another writer, her name is @Wild_Court I hope you all go and check out her work.)

"I don't know." I murmured at him. Cassian smirked at me, "Afraid?" I snapped bluntly, "Yes."

Cassian's grin faded, "None of us would hurt you Feyre." I glanced up and stared at him, I looked down quickly. "I know, I still need to convince my mind though."

I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. Shad whined and came over, setting his big head on my shoulder. I changed the subject, "What's a Matka?"

Cassian seemed a bit unnerved at the question. He answered, "It's a term used by the Illyrian's, it basically means Head Female or greatly respected mother. Why?"

"One of the Illyrian females once told me that my eldest sister Nesta, should she have been born an Illyrian, would probably be Head Matka by now." I explained pressing my lips together. Nesta and I had never truly gotten along. Yet we both tried our damndest to act Civil around each other.

We cared for one another, we just weren't very subtle about it toward one another. Cassian snorted, "I've never met Nesta, but I've heard plenty of tales. Nothing but rumors, but she's nearing thirty?"

"Oh hell no," I shook my head. "Kana and Nesta are twins, they're the same age." Cassian seemed a bit shocked at that one. "She is one fine General."

"She is," I agreed, but continued. "Nesta was never built for a battlefield though. That's never how she's seen it. Instead she sees it all as a ballroom. Dancing her way, through swords, twirling and dipping. She's a dancer, always loved it, the first time I watched her on a field my first thought was to paint her in a ballroom that had been wrecked by carnage. Yet she was still the only clean thing in the room."

Cassian nodded, listening. I hadn't spoken this much to people in days. Cassian said, "You seem tired." I glared at him, "I am."

"Then why weren't you sleeping?" His brows raised. "I was thinking, my mind couldn't settle."