Chapter Seventeen

Feyre's POV:

I struggled climbing the cliffs. My weakened, horrible self was not strong. No I was weak, I would forever be weak.

Rhysand offered me a hand, I took it graciously and he hauled me up. I grunted, "We're going to see the Bone-Carver aren't we?" Rhysand glanced down at me, "Kana knows of him too?"

On the climb up I've been telling him small details that didn't matter anymore. Like all the times The Reaper took Kana to the prison multiple times to see the Bone-Carver.

Rhysand was not very happy after that. He grumbled about how the prison was supposed to be unbreachable. Yet clearly there was a flaw. Rhysand heaved me up one big side. I panted on my hands and knees. "I can't climb anymore."

"You don't have to, we're here." Rhysand said, giving me a hand and pulling me up. I stared up at the giant flat stone wall. Bones. My eyes widened. Giant gates of one were embedded into the rock.

I gripped Rhysands hand as we went down the stairs. My knees were shaky at first, Rhysand didn't ask me why I hated the underground. Instead he only gripped my hand a bit tighter in his.

I took a long drink of water. I sighed and screwed the lid on. "We have to be at the bottom by now."

"Past it actually. He is found far past the base of the mountain." I handed him the canteen, and he tucked it away in his bag. He didn't let go of my hand. Eventually he pulled to a stop in a circular gate made of bone. The door swung open and Rhysand slowly stepped inside.

"I've built all of the gates inside this place. Yet mine still remains my favorite." I followed the high lord inside. Rhysand smirked, "I have to agree."

Rhysand glanced at me, he nodded slightly. The carver came into the light slightly. He looked at me, "I have a few questions for you." He had bright bluish purple eyes and looked about like an eight year old.

"A question for a question." I said as Rhysand instructed me before we came. The carver looked over to Rhysand, "You always were smarter than your ancestors."

The bone carver looked at me. "Did you see anything in death?" I blinked and Rhysand stiffened. "No." The carver titled his head slightly. "The Reaper always understood our discussions. Be more specific."

"I shook my head, "It was just darkness, like I was floating through sparkling wine. Foggy." I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "Was there anyone else there with you, did you see anything?"

"I didn't see anyone with me. But I felt this thing, I realized it was the strings of our bargain." I motioned to Rhysand. "I pulled on it, with what I guess was what was left of me. So I looked through his eyes." I pointed at Rhysand.

"And I saw that twisted form, and it was me. But more than that I felt and heard what everyone in the entirety of the human lands felt and thought in those four moments. I knew they thought I was only a twig."

The bone-carver asked, "Who is Kana's father?" I blinked, Rhysand seemed a bit put off. I swallowed and answered, "I'm not really sure. He always seemed like a rough topic for her, the last time we all talked about it. Nesta abited Kana into telling us that he was at least a Commander at one point, he's either dead, or moved up the ranks by now."

The boy's face was dull, "What happened in Spring Court, Feyre?" Rhysand snarled at him, the boy continued staring me down. I shifted closer to Rhysand. The carver tapped his wrist gently. Tik tok, he seemed to say through his eyes.

"Bad things." I said. The carver frowned, The carver looked me up and down, "Why do you want my help?" I answered as rhysand instructed. "We would like your assistance in figuring out what Hybern is planning."