Chapter Three

Feyre's POV: 

Death is a dangerous game, yet no one can predict when it might strike. I prayed that it would not strike Kana. We needed her. One of the fae healers stood over her, taking her glowing hands back and forth across her body. Nesta asked, "What happened?"

"The poison happened, How long was she poisoned with the ash wood?" the healer questioned. I remember Kana complaining about her powers being weaker than usual when I was around six.

Nesta answered, "It started right after Feyre turned five. Ended when we had our wealth stripped from us when Feyre was eight." I blinked, no one had ever told me it had been so long. Mother must have truly hated us to take our only true mother figure away.

The healer nodded and set her glowing fingers around Kana's throat. She said, "The poison makes her cough, and because of the combination of the two it made her throat completely raw."

"Can you heal it?" I asked, voice wavering. The healer nodded, "I can fix most of it, but because the poison is inside her and there is no safe way to draw it out her throat will be sore for a few weeks"

Nesta nodded. My elder sister kept her hand on the short sword at her hip as the healer fixed what she could of Kana's throat. She left quickly, all we could do was stare at the only mother figure I've ever known.

Someone knocked twice, harshly. Regina poked her head in, and she glanced at us and her eyes went straight to Kana. "How long does she have left?"

Nesta sniped, "It's none of your damned business soldier, now what do you need?"

Regina didn't flinch from the harshness. "There is another force coming."

Nesta commanded, "Where."

Regina answered quickly, "Western shores. No one is going to make it in time" Hells' wrath. They'll have land fall here. Which means they'll have scouts of the land and base operation.

"Send a message to the queens, they'll dispatch forces to buy us time to get over there." Nesta said sharply, she had a finger barely touching the ip of her nose. Thinking, hard.

"We tried that already, their response was that the people there had to evacuate on their own." Regina murmured slightly. Nesta's head whipped up, she snarled. This time Regina and I both had the nerves to flinch.

"Regina, send out a letter to all the commander's under me. I want them to know exactly what we are dealing with." Nesta said smoothly. Nesta left the room not bothering to dismiss us. Regina left the door open for me as she left.

I stepped into the doorway, then glanced back at my mother figure. "Please whatever, whoever you are please spare my sister. Please spare my hope." I shut the door and made my way to my legion.

We were camped just outside of the village I had grown up in. It had been our main base of operations for many months. Tents were strone about, healers going every which way preparing for the next battle.

Regina was on my right side. As my third it was her job to be the peacekeeper. My second however was away at the moment. I sighed and asked, "When will our darling spy be back?"

"Sometime this week hopefully." Regina sighed. I glanced at her, and kept walking. "Prepare to leave."

"For the western shores I already gave the order." Regina grumbled. I smiled as I saw the camp already packed up and ready to leave. Matt sniped as his own horse stood beside Regina and my own, "I really hope you've got a killer plan for this."

"And if my plan is to unleash the wyrm, that everyone including all my superiors think I killed would you support me?" I teased. The soldiers near who heard answered, "Until darkness claims us all we are yours to command, Huntress."