Chapter Sixteen

Feyre's POV: 

It took me minutes to remember where I was. I blinked. I left, I got out. I sighed and pressed myself further into my pillows. Nothing filled my mind, just blankness.

I pressed my lips together, I made sure my shields were tight. I closed my eyes and thought back to those first three months. I thought about one of those dinners I was forced to have with Tamlin.

Blurry. The memory was blurry like that person who had messed with my mind. Someone knocked and I jerked. I shook my head and Nuala peaked her head in. She murmured, "Rhysand wanted us to help you get ready, he wanted to show you the city."

I nodded and glanced at the clock, I'd been asleep for four hours. Nuala and Cerridwen entered quickly. Cerridwen laid out an outfit for me, it must be cold from the leggings and boots she laid out.

Nuala ran a brush through my hair, and styled it in a half up half down style. I dressed once they left the room. I shoved the light blue gloves in the pockets of my coat. I hated gloves. I walked downstairs.

Talin stood in front of me, and thrust a knife into my hand. "Kill them." He instructed. I shook my head and the three fae in front of me. I shook my head pressing my back against him. Trying to free myself. But I was weak, I had always been weak.

"Fine then, we'll do it the hard way." He hissed in my ear. Gripping my hand he forced me forward. I screamed as my hand was smothered in blood. Like the thickest of muddy water. The prayers of the remaining two continued. I pushed all of my strength against Tamlin. He was strong, and I was weak. He thrust his arm forward again, taking my arm with it.

Blood splattered. He yanked back, I felt his grin as I shook. The third continued praying, and Tamlin pushed me forward, readying to kill her. I whispered, "Please forgive me."

Tamlin thrust our arms forward again, blood splattered on his face. The fae choked on his own blood, "Live- curse-"

"Feyre." Rhysand gripped my shoulders. I blinked at him and shook my head, "I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

Rhysand stared and me and said, "I asked if you were ready." I nodded quickly pushing past the gloves of blood. "I'm fine."

Rhysand let go of my shoulders and led the way out the antechamber doors. I blinked, I didn't even remember walking out here. Rhysand smiled at me, "I'd prefer to take you out at night, that's when the city is truly at its prime."

I murmured, "You never told me what it was called." Rhysand blinked as I looked at him. He shook his head, "My mistake," He grinned at me. "This is Velaris, The City of Starlight."

I nodded as he led me across the city. My body was so weak, I thought. I struggled to keep up with Rhysand's fast pace. We stopped near a river. I observed, "There are children laughing."

Rhysand nodded, "There are." I glanced at him, "How did she not find it?"

Rhysand shook his head, "Many spells and sacrifices." I blurted, frustrated, "So you didn't bother to extend that kindness to anyone else?"

Rhysand said, "There wasn't any time, she moved too quickly." I blinked at him and a distant anger boiled. I said flatly, "Just like when she snapped my neck, and you thought it was a twig right?"

I watched Rhysand's face dim of all emotion. He said flatly, "Just like you left Kana?" I glared at him, and declared. "It's not like I could have run."

Rhysand said cooly, "You most certainly could have tried." I snapped at him, "Yeha so running and getting kidnapped my a psychopathic bastard isn't what would have happened anyways."