Chapter Seven

I've had a crazy obsession with Keith Urban's songs recently so here you go.

Kana's POV: 

I sat on the edge of my bed. Waiting. I closed my eyes for a second trying to get the pain from my headache to fade. Someone flicked my nose.

My eyes snapped open. I stared at the same form he was in last time. I grumbled, "You never show up in the same form twice."

"I quite like this form though." His amused grin annoyed me. I sighed and patted the bed space beside me. He sat down. We sat in silence for a few minutes.

The male asked, "You almost died."

I set my head on his arm squeezing my eyes shut. "No. I know how I am meant to die. I've told you that before."

The huff of annoyance wasn't that well hidden. "Where do I find the Harp that calls Nesta's name?"

He smiled at me. "What will you give me for an answer?"

I glanced at him, "Anything that I deem reasonable and am willing to give."

He snorted and teased, "You aren't very good at this." I grunted and waited in silence for an answer. After too long I opened my eyes and looked up at him. Even sitting down he towered over me.

His thumb traced over my lips and I went deathly still. I waited, he leaned in and kissed me. His lips were soft, I hummed. He smiled against my mouth. He murmured, "Come visit me and it will call out to her."

I blinked and he was gone. I drew a finger over my lips. And cursed fowly. Damn that male.

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ♞ ♝ ♜ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

The Reaper's POV:

The body moved and it knocked on the door of the office. Hava was speaking to Nesta telling her how Kana was tired and would spend the day in bed. The body moved and stared at Nesta.

She blinked at me, "Where are we going?"

The body answered, "To the object I need you to wield."

Nesta snapped, "Could you be more specific?"

"No," The body said flatly. "Do I need to drag you or will you come willingly?"

Nesta hissed through her teeth and kept her hand on her sword. The hand set itself on her shoulder, then they both winnowed to as close as they could get. The woman's body said, with a movement of sighing. "We cannot winnow past here so we must climb."

Nesta said nothing as the body began the climb. General Nesta and the body climbed until they reached a barren cliff. Nesta snarled, "There is nothing here!"

The body shook its head and spoke. "Wrong. This is merely the entrance, usually only the High Lord of Night Court or is blood family could open these doors."

Nesta snapped, "Then how do you expect us to open then?" The body's eyes were light with amusement. "These gates are made of bone."

The hands shot out and a groaning sound echoed. The stone allusion faded until gates of bone stood. Grunting the body moved, commanding the bone gates to open.

They opened wide, ready to let anyone who dare enter. The body gripped Nesta's arm, "There are very deadly things in here. Even worse than the wyrm, no matter what, do not leave my sight and do not let go of my hand."

Nesta hissed, but gripped the body's hand tightly. Darkness was overwhelming. Nesta opened her mouth to speak but the body raised its hand. Silencing her. It whispered, "They can hear through the walls but so can we. So do not speak and listen to the thing calling you."