Chapter 3: The Mute explanation

One Month later.

Fiorella's pov

"My lady, are you okay with this dress? It seems so tight!" The lady that was dressing me up noticed.

"It's tight," I manage to breathe out.

"How can that be? I had this dress made for you." Dante sneered.

I probed my mouth like a child. "Can it be that I've gained so much weight? Over the past months?"

Dante giggles. "Fiore, I'll be playing basketball with my friends from New York; one of them is Italian but grew up in New York. Let's go together,"

"Yes, Dante. But who are these companions?" I asked, looking puzzled at Dante because he has never mentioned anything about any friend from American that is also an Italian.

"He was my senior back in New York. He's a legendary business mentor. I didn't tell him the exact time, though, but I decided to take you here early. This is my father's basketball courtroom," Dante smiled.

"You should have allowed me to stay home a bit more; I'm so tired and hungry too," I pout my lips.

"You're hungry?" he looks shocked at me. "But you ate a lot at home," He added. He walks closer to hold me. "Anyways, we can enjoy this few hours to ourselves. Let's go and eat," He winks at me.

"Yey, I'm so happy; thank you a lot, Dante," I giggled.

A few minutes later, we placed our order at his family restaurant closer to the courthouse. We order red wine and a beef sandwich. I looked at the food in disgust.

"Can I get something else?" I frown.

"What is it? Why? But you liked the beef sandwich since we were little; why are you looking so disgusted by it now?" Dante furrows his eyebrow, still surprised at my word of hate. "Open your mouth; you'll like it, remember my mamma used to make them when we were little," He reinforced.

By the smell of the beef, I felt a pool of disgust switch in on me. I felt nausea and also felt like vomiting. "Take this shit away from-" I gulp as a saucy liquid forms in my throat.

"What's wrong? Fiorella..." Dante immediately called, looking worried at me.

I started throwing up on the floor, I couldn't help it, neither could I hold it in any longer.

"My lady, are you okay?" Her maid that follows them around looked afraid at her actions.

"There are medical services at the basketball courtroom; how can I carry you there, my lady?" She sounds worried. Dante was looking so confused, not knowing what to do or what to say.

"No need for that," I wipe the drool off my lips with my handkerchief. "I'm just feeling slight nausea after perceiving the beef in the sandwich. I'll be fine after I get some rest. Thanks, Lisa," I manage to smile at her.

She returned the smiling gesture. "Oh okay, it's perfectly normal; when I was pregnant with my second child, I would get sick even at the smell of food and delicacy that I loved the most," She tooth a grin.

Preg...Pregnant? No, this is impossible...how could I be so foolish? My eyes are shocked as my heartbeat accelerates. I turn away, looking terrified at Dante.

"Fiorella!" he exclaimed immediately ran out; he ran after me.

Where am I? I struggled to get up; I felt so heavy; I managed to open my eyes, but it stopped midway at the white wall. Everything in the room is all white.