Chapter 31: Miscarriage

"How?" Fiorella mutters and uncovers her wet face.

"I might know who put the poison because it wasn't me" Tito replies and pockets his hands.

"I will leave now" Tito mumbles and leaves from there.

"Fiorella" Laura mutters with a sad face, she goes to Fiorella and pulls her into a hug.

Laura takes her to a seat, she sits and faces her.

"I'm scared, Laura, I don't want to lose my baby, I don't want to lose Noelle" Fiorella sobs.

"She will be fine and alright, you don't have to be scared, just have faith in the doctors and even in Tito, that he would get the antidote soon" Laura tries encouraging her but the latter is beyond consolable.

Fiorella shifts her gaze to her gown and continues to cry, her tears keep dropping rapidly. Signora Ginvera goes to sit opposite them, she's feeling strange too but doesn't want to make any complaints..

"Signora, are you alright?" Laura asks, noticing her uneasiness.

"I don't feel too well," Signora Ginvera replies.

Laura goes to her and takes her to one of the doctors."She's not feeling well, please admit her" Laura requests.

"Alright come with me, let's know what's wrong with you." the doctor responds nicely.

"Thank you dear," Signora Ginvera smiles at Laura.

*****

Fiorella hasn't stopped shedding tears for one minute.

"Noelle," She mutters in tears.

Noello is standing close to the wall, staring pitifully at her. He hates seeing her like this, so sad and sorrowful, it's hurting him so much but he always gets to cover up his emotions.

"This is all his fault," Noello mutters, his hate for Tito increases,  it's all his fault that his twin sister is between life and death and that makes him feel much disdain and spite for him.

Noello walks to his mother and stands in front of her, Fiorella raises her head and faces him. her eyes are red and look frightful. She cups his cheeks and manages to smile.

"I don't want to lose your sister, I'm so scared, '' Fiorella cries.

"I don't want her to die either, I didn't mean anything I said this morning, I was just angry" Noello mutters nodding his head in a negative way.

"I know," Fiorella sniffs.

"Do you think your sister will make it?" Fiorella asks, she's going rather crazy, the feeling she's having is the one of emptiness and a huge void in her heart.

Noello nods and hugs her, that was the first time he ever did that, he would never allow her to touch him like a child or play with him. He has always been this hostile kid.

Fiorella hugs his small body tightly and cries on his shoulder.

—-

Enzo hasn't found anything that looks strange or could incriminate him.

"This is just a waste of time" Enzo mutters and scratches his hair in frustration.

He hears approaching footsteps, he waits for some seconds and someone tries opening the door , his eyes widen and he looks around to find a suitable place to hide.

He rushes to thick curtains covering the glass window and he hides behind it, luckily it's not transparent and it's hard to notice that anyone would be there. Tito unlocks the door and enters.

He lets out a loud sigh and walks to his deck, he bends down and removes the wood coveting the safe, Enzo peeks at him.

Tito presses the password but Enzo is not able to see what he inserted. Tito brings out some important documents that have to do with their drug dealings then his gun, he couldn't take it when visiting the twins, he didn't want them to get scared if they mistakenly saw it.

Tito loads the gun and puts the documents back in their place, he locks the safe. He slides the wood back and stands up.

He sighs and  gets up, he looks around the room, he feels weird like someone is watching him but he ignores the feeling and leaves the office.

Enzo hears his footsteps leaving, he quickly comes out of his hiding and goes directly to the safe, he opens it and tries the combination but none of them works.

"F**k it!" Enzo curses, he takes a picture of the safe and pockets his phone.

"Tito Denero, you are going down" Enzo smirks..

__

Tito rings the bell like he's going to kill someone, the maid opens the door and Tito storms in but the defiant maid blocks his path.

"I'm sorry sir but my lady is a bit indisposed" the maid explains.

Tito grips her neck tightly and her eyes widen like saucers.

"The next time you get in my way you might not be so lucky" Tito sneers, choking her.

"P-please" the poor maid quivers.

He throws her harshly on the floor and she yelps. He runs upstairs and goes straight to Gwendolyn's room, he storms inside.

Gwendolyn smiles and stands up from the bed. "My love"

Tito walks briskly to her and lands a huge slap on her face.

"Ah!!" Gwendolyn screams as she collapses to the bed with her two hands covering her cheek.

Tito grabs her up and lands another slap on her face landing her heavily on the floor.

"Ah, my baby!" Gwendolyn cries and holds her stomach, feeling a sharp pain in her abdomen.

Tito grabs her up again but this time, he slams her back hard against the wall, her lips are already bleeding.

"Tito please" Gwendolyn cries as he clasps his hand around her neck.

"You poisoned the chocolate you darn b*tch!" Tito yells and slams her head against the wall

Gwendolyn is feeling so choked, his grip is so tight. Tears rush out of her eyes.

"Tito, I didn't....poison...them...I ate the chocolates too" She sobs.

"Do you take me for a fool? Well I know you succeeded in fooling me but I know you didn't poison the piece you ate!" Tito yells, squeezing her neck.

"You don't...know if they are even your..."

"Where is the antidote?" Tito yells.

"I don't have any" Gwendolyn lies.

Tito without wasting time brings out his gun and puts it on her stomach.

"Either you tell me where the antidote is or I blow out your intestines out and the f**king baby!" Tito shrieks ruthlessly, his face is filled with anger, red veins popping out of his neck.

Gwendolyn could see how serious he is, the sharp pain in her womb worsens and her legs starts shivering. She's losing breath by the seconds that passed.

"Ward... robe"

Tito releases her neck and she started coughing out boisterously, blood comes out of her mouth. Tito rushes to the wardrobe and ransacks it and sees a small bottle, it is labelled antidote. Tito heaves a sigh of relief.

"If this is fake, I will come back to kill you " He looks at Gwendolyn who has collapsed to the floor.He runs out of her room and hides his gun.

Tears drop from her eyes to the floor, her hand is wrapped on her red neck.

"Ash..."She moans and holds her stomach. She looks at her thighs and sees blood dripping down her lap.

"No," She cries and touches the blood.

"Not my baby, No!!!" She screams.