Chapter 67: Conspiracy

"W-why is there blood?" Fiorella stutters in tears.

She doesn't comprehend anything, it's impossible she can't be pregnant. Luca ignores her question and crosses her arm over his neck, he suddenly carries her up in bridal style.

"Ouch!" Fiorella whimpers and holds on to him, those in the bar hardly pay attention to them.

Luca doesn't mind the blood, he rushes out of the bar and takes her to the hospital in his car.

___

Signora Aria is still waiting restlessly for a call from the assassin she hired. She goes to the sitting room and stays there drinking from the white wine she was served.

"Call me..." Signora Ginvera snorts and sips her wine anxiously.

Her phone rings and she answers immediately.  "Is she dead yet!"

"No, Signora she isn't, not yet though, I wanted to poison her at the bar but then she started bleeding for no reason, I had to act like a good Samaritan and take her to the polyclinic," He complains.

"Do your job Luca, that is why I hired you, to get rid of Fiorella once and for all, that's the plan, if you mess things up, be ready to face the dying consequences," Signora Aria barks and hangs up.

"Sloto," Signora Aria snorts.

" Kill Fiorella?" Dante questions from behind.

Signora Aria swallows hard and turns to him slowly.

"Mamma, did you just give an order to kill Fiorella?" Dante asks in shock.

"Yes, I did, I am sure your ears are working perfectly so you heard right, I want Fiorella Evette dead," Signora Aria yells not minding if anyone could hear them.

"Mamma, why are you so heartless to the extent of killing the woman I love, what is wrong with you?! "

Signora Aria shakes her head in disbelief, she had such a stupid son who is only blinded by his stupid feelings, she hisses and yells back. "She knows everything, how you stole her father's properties, she found out about it, I don't know how but she wants revenge on us, I killed her father and she is out to destroy us and I must get rid of her before she destroy anything precious to me,"

Dante is flabbergasted, he never knew that Fiorella has knowledge of the truth, this has ruined his opportunities with her.

"B-but, Mamma you can't kill her"

"Why not?" Signora Aria retorts. "Because you are in love...ooh come off of it, wake up soon and widen your eyes, see the danger ahead of us if she remains alive!" Signora Aria thunders and almost chokes because of the yelling.

"I know but..."

"No buts from you, she is going to die and that's it, the only problem is that she is at the polyclinic, Luca will get rid of her there," Signora Aria mutters, swinging her finger back and forth.

Dante tries to leave but her words stop him.

"If you dare save her, I won't hesitate Dante, I won't" Dante turns to face her and he knows very well what she means.

___

The polyclinic ***

"What's wrong with me, Luca?" Fiorella mutters with dry lips, she is on the hospital bed attached to a drip.

"The doctor said that you are pregnant, you almost lost the baby due to the alcohol you had consumed but they were able to save your baby's life," Luca replies with a forced smile.

"P-pregnant!" Fiorella exclaims.

She touches her stomach and tears slide from the side of her eyes, when they had sex, she couldn't take contraceptives because his accident occurred at the same period, that didn't even cross her mind at all.   She should be glad that she is pregnant again but she isn't.

"You should be happy, a baby is a blessing," Luca smiles.

She faces him. "I know but sometimes, a baby can come at the wrong time," she sniffs. "But I am quite happy, I am going to be a mother again,"

"Again?"

"Yes, I am a mother of twin boy and girl, they are seven years old now and now I am expecting another," Fiorella smiles sadly.

"The doctor said you are a few weeks gone, he didn't tell the exact number of weeks," Luca adds.

Fiorella smiles and pats her stomach, no wonder she has been feeling nauseous, dizzy and breathless sometimes, she was too occupied to even think well.

"I am sure your baby will be beautiful as you, really cute," Luca smiles and she giggles.

"Yes, I hope she looks like me," Fiorella beams.

"You've already concluded the gender of your baby," Luca laughs.

"Yes, I want a girl, the male child I have is a tough nut to crack," Fiorella chuckles softly.

___

"Grandma, where is Mamma?" Noelle asks while doing her homework.

"She went to see your Papa, she will come back soon," Signora Ginvera replies.

"Noello, does Papa still have amnesia?" Noelle asks.

"You ask too many questions, Geez!" Noello shuns.

"Big head" Noelle cuss.

"Small hands," Noello sticks out his hand.

"Grandma..." Noelle fakes a cry.

"Stop bullying your sister," Signora Ginvera cautions tiredly.

Someone knocks on the door and Noello goes to open it.

"Noello, don't open the door," Signora Ginvera mutters but she doesn't have the strength to stand.

Noello opens the door and sees Enzo.

"What are you doing here?" Noello frowns heavily.

"I came to see Fiorella," Enzo responds, he couldn't stop himself from coming to see her for the last time because he's taking the first flight tomorrow to California.

"Mamma isn't at home, she's with Papa," Noello grins.

Enzo gets that Noello is trying to make him feel bad and he has obviously succeeded.

"Well, don't tell her I came,"

"I sure won't,"

Enzo brings out a small tracking device from his pocket and gives it to him.

"Attach this to her sim, protect her," Enzo smiles.

"I will, you don't have to tell me. Thanks!" Noello scowls and shuts the door.

___

"Did you bring it?" Luca asks the nurse wearing a nose mask.

Luca is disguised as a doctor, she gives him a syringe, he collects it and hands over to her a bundle of money.

The nurse smiles behind her nose mask and walks away, Luca pockets the syringe with a poison that can kill in seconds its actually a venom. He walks to Fiorella's room and she's asleep.

Luca goes to the side of her bed, he brings out the syringe and removes the cover, the needle shoots out and he smirks. He holds it and places the syringe on the bag of drip.