Chapter 14: Love at first sight

Enzo's POV

I left the police station and decided to visit someone who I miss. Everyone sees me as handsome, a handsome thirty six years old investigator, dark lovely eyes, beardless, cute face, women drool over me but I am not interested in any of them.

I removed my jacket and kept walking towards the shortcut, that's the fastest route to her place.

"Help me!"

"Shut up and widen your legs"

"Stop!!!"

I heard screams but looked around, I thought it was my imagination and continued walking.

"Ah!!!"

I heard her voice louder, it sounded familiar, I looked forward and saw two men standing with their trousers down. My eyes widened in shock, I dropped my jacket on the floor and rushed there.

"You bastards!" I yelled and one of them faced me, he was masked, I immediately realized that they were criminals.

I threw a punch at him but he dodged it, he flung his balled fist at me but I dorged it too, I moved away and clenched my fists and started facing them both.

The one who was trying to rape her, left her and joined them. "You guys are all scumbags!" I shrieked and raised up my leg, the back of my leg hit the back of his head and he collapsed to the floor .

The other two were stunned but like I expected they won't give up so easily. They charged against me and one of them tried punching me but I ducked and it met the second one.

"Ah!" He groaned in pain.

The one who punched him, turned and tried hitting me again but I gave him two hard punches on the face, he landed heavily on the floor. I stared at my fists and there was blood on it, I hastily cleaned the blood on my trousers. The one who was about to rape the girl, wiped the blood that came out from the side of his lips.

"You are so dead!" He spat out and started throwing long kicks at me but I avoided each one, he tried kicking me for the last time but I caught his leg and dragged him to the floor. I turned his leg and dislocated it, it was so fast and harsh.

"Ah!!!" He screamed in pain, I dropped his leg and began stepping on it. He continued groaning loudly.

But suddenly something very sharp pierced into my back, it was obviously a knife, I staggered a bit because of the pain and the force he used in thrusting it. I looked at the floor and the one I had kicked was already standing up.

The one who stabbed me grabbed my collar but I jerked him in the face with my elbow. I grabbed him and circled my hand tightly around his neck. He hit me in the stomach with the back of his elbow but I put my hand behind my back and pulled out the knife from my back.

"Ash..." I groaned and placed the sharp knife on his neck. The one I kicked , was approaching me but halted his steps.

"Don't come close or I swear I will cut his throat." I threatened and spat out the blood in my mouth.

He tried shaking from my grip but I pressed the knife on his throat, making blood drip from his neck to my hand.

"Per favore, please" the latter pleaded but I didn't back down.

He helped his other mate up who couldn't use his legs properly.

They started walking away and said "We are going..."

I faced them still holding on to the one with me, he's my only bait, they started striding away, I smirked when I saw them leaving.

"And you..." I growled and threw the knife on the floor, in a second, I used the edge of my hand and hit his throat twice, he collapsed unconscious on the floor.

"Bastard!" I moaned and touched my bleeding back.

I could hear moaning from the corner, I walked there and saw her lying on the floor, her dress was torn, her hair covering her face. I rushed to her and removed her hair from her face, I gasped in astonishment.

"Fia!!!" I called but her eyes were closed, her face a bit bruised and her body too. "Fiorella open your eyes," I urged but she didn't respond, no groans came from her again.

"Fiorella!!!" I called loudly, I came to see her in particular.

I missed her and decided to pay her a visit but I am shocked to see her in this horrible state. I laid her back on the floor and rushed to where my jacket was laying and my bag. I picked them up, wore my bag and walked back to her and put the jacket on her.

I took her phone and put into her bag, I carried her bag and carried her in bridal style and left the route. I decided to take her to my apartment. I stood at the roadside waiting for a cab, it came and I entered with her.

"Where to?" the driver asked, I told him my destination.

Fiorella's head was laid on my lap, she looks so pitiful right now. "Fiorella" I muttered sadly, stroking her soft, smooth black hair

___

I reached my apartment and kicked the door open. After struggling to open it, I first dropped her things on the floor and in the dark, I walked to the couch.

I almost stumbled to the floor but I stood straight and laid her gently on it. I went to switch on the lights, seeing her more closely, she looks more than pitiful, part of her b**bs were exposed, her thighs were completely exposed, her face was red with fingerprints.

As I moved closer to her, the finger prints became more visible, you won't know if she's awake or unconscious, she's the definition of lifeless right now. My heart bled seeing her like this, I balled my fists and rubbed my knuckles, if I had known she was the one I would have killed those goons.

I groaned as my back hurt more.

"Darn it" I groaned and touched it , it was still bleeding,I don't really care right now because she's my main concern.

I left the sitting room to get the first aid box, I walked back to her and opened it. I brought out an antiseptic and a cotton wool and started cleaning her wounds, she didn't react showing she was still unconscious.

After cleaning her wounds, her face, I kept the things I used aside. I headed to my bedroom to get a bedsheet, a soft one to make her feel comfortable. I went back to her and covered her up. I couldn't resist staring at that beautiful face. After covering her, I knelt on the floor and began gawking at her face.

My both hands folded on the couch and my eyes glued to her. A shimmering smile brimmed on my lips, she's a real definition of beauty.

"Bellissima!" I smiled cutely at her.

She's enchanting just staring at her, her heart shaped face, my hand moved to her chin and caressed it, she has a pretty soft skin. My smile widened and I moved closer to her. I gazed at her alluring lips. My heart suddenly skipped a beat.

My lips moved closer to hers. "I think I just fell in love,' 'I muttered with my heart fluttering.