Chapter 84: The unforeseen

Tito's POV

The words rang repeatedly in my mind, that sharp pain in my head hit me more like a hammer to a rock. I didn't think twice before throwing the card on the floor. I unlocked my car and entered inside.

I put on my seat belt, it got tangled at one point but I was able to straighten it and buckle it, just then another card flashed past my eyes. I turned to the seat beside mine and I grasped the card, I opened it and read its content..

"Don't be scared little Tito, I will keep her little remains for the casket,"

                XFrom Serana your nanny

My hands shook in fear, I squeezed the card to a rumpled state, I inserted the car key into the car hole and the engine started making a roaring sound, in seconds I sped off to Lilian's school, I knew everything about their location, even their schools.

"Lilian," I panted and pressed my foot on the accelerator and the car sped into the road.

___

I rushed there and to my greatest surprise, her driver had just arrived as well. I saw the driver carry Lilian out of the car. I released a sigh of relief, my nerves became calm, I turned off the car's engine and rushed out of the car.

"Principesca," I called and she turned her head to my direction as she heard me call her by her nickname, she was a smart girl who easily recognized my voice and the name too.

"Papa" She said, her mouth moved. I read her lips because she was a little far away from me.

"Papa!!!" Lilian screamed and ran to me, the driver tried to hold her back but she had already escaped, scampering to me like a little squirrel.

I bent down to her level and opened my hands wide and she jumped into my arms with a joyous smile on my face, I hugged her small body in mind while kissing her cute cheeks.

"Papa, I missed you," Lilian smiled cutely and kissed me all over my face. I found myself giggling receiving so many kisses from her. My heart was extremely relieved that she was safe but I was still bothered.

The perpetrator might be in my house and even had access to my car, I had to be extremely careful from now onwards, then interrogate the staffs and check the cameras that was how I was going to get culprits behind this because and then call Shawnte when I buy a new phone today, now I am sure there is no Serena, I killed her myself, cut her to bits, she couldn't just resurface out of nowhere, someone was playing tricks on me, I am Tito Denero, I wouldn't let my past twist my mind.

Lilian stopped kissing me and circled her hands on my neck. I smiled at her. She looked so cute in her white and grey uniform. It suited her so well. "My principesca" I smiled and carried her up in my arms.

The driver approached us with a frown on his face "Signora Ginvera gave me strict instructions not to allow you get close to the young miss,"

"I think I have enough of you, if you tell Grandma anything, I am going to have you fired," Lilian faced him and ranted.

I saw his lips form into a smirk. "Your Grandma knows your naughty and nasty behaviour, she won't believe anything you say"

Lilian scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Well, I have my ways, so you better be careful, you will be my hundredth driver and you won't be the last to get fired like the rest have," She sassed, I am so amused my her attitude from a jovial girl, to a bossy miss then back to her naughty self, I stared at her in amazement, she carried some of my traits.

The man looked taken aback and even had to adjust his blue stepped tie in discomfort.

"Are you with me or against me?" She glared at him.