Chapter 70: Guilty or acquitted

Fiorella's POV

Hearing of his death was horrible, I know that I never loved Lorenzo more than a friend but he had always been there for me, when I needed a someone to investigate my father's case he was the one ready to take up the job without being paid for it, he had always been a sweetheart and a good friend.

"I'm sorry, I thought you knew about it," Tito apologised, I didn't stare at his face because deep down I sensed that he was happy about it but I couldn't jump onto such conclusions, he looked sincere now, he was trying to turn a new leaf and I acknowledge that.

I palmed my face and cried. It was so unfortunate that we didn't part ways on good terms. I couldn't thank him enough or appreciate his good deeds. It hurts that I couldn't reciprocate his love and now I won't be able to tell him these wonderful things again.

"Hey, stop crying, it's not good for the baby," Tito mutters, consoling me but it was not helping.

"I am just too shocked, I...saw him... I don't understand anything, how this could happen, this is all my fault," I sobbed with my face still covered with my palms.

"You aren't at fault, why would you say that,"

"He wouldn't have been on that flight if not for me, I hurt his feelings, I couldn't love him back and that made him so upset that he decided to leave, I wish... I could turn back the hands of time and refuse him in a much nicer way, maybe, he would still be alive," I cried loudly.

"I don't understand how you feel but I am so sorry, that he is dead, he was never my favourite person or someone I liked to see but I never wished him death " Tito said and held my hands as I dropped them from my teary face.

I doubted if he was saying the truth, He wished Enzo death and that's for sure.

"Stop, it hurts me when you cry" Tito said sincerely.

"I just can't stop," I sniffed and tugged my hair behind my ears. I want to cut my hair because at times like this, it can be such a pain.

"Do it for the baby, he's dead no amount of tears can bring him back," Tito scoffed, that was the truth, no matter his long I cried it won't bring him back.

"I know but I just want to let it out," I pouted.

"Your time is up," the police officer said as he walked in.

"Miss, you need to leave now,"

I nodded not willing to leave but I had to, I stood up and so did Tito, we kissed each other's lips deeply.

"Enough, let's go!"

___

I arrived at home and the twins weren't back yet. I went to the kitchen and made some food. I guessed that they must be in Mamma's tie and dye shop because this is past their school's closing time.

After making the pasta, I served some for myself. I was doing all these things in tears, I had to control my emotions because of her pregnancy. I couldn't take a bite of the food, tears began dropping on my plate.

"How could you leave forever, that's not what I wanted," I cried, reminiscing on my harsh words. "I shouldn't have said those things," I sobbed loudly and dropped the plate on the table.

I heard the door open and Noello and Noelle arguing as usual. I wiped my tears with my sleeves and sniffed before leaving the kitchen to meet them.

"Babies," I smiled dryly.

"Mamma, I am no longer a baby, I am now a young lady," Noelle smirked standing akimbo, the both of them weren't in their uniforms anymore.

"Seriously," I raised my eyeballs and rolled them.