Chapter 54: Playing with fire (2)

Fiorella's POV

I skipped the way home, I didn't take a cab because I had to save money after spending money on hospital bills.

"Lalala" I sang. "Hm" I hummed next and remembered my father all of a sudden.

"I miss you Papa, I am going to meet you someday" I smiled and looked at the sky.

I sensed someone following me and I stopped walking, when I halted my steps, the footsteps behind stopped as well. I started walking and so did the person, I think I was being followed, ; "not again" I thought.

I recalled the time, I was attacked and almost raped, I suddenly took a deep breathe and started walking fast. The person started walking fast too. I took to my heels and the person ran swiftly after me. I ran as far as my legs could carry me but this person won't stop pursuing me and it is so late, only few people are on the road.

Tito's driver offered to give me a lift but I declined because I had the intention of seeing Enzo but right now I am regretting my decision. I ran and reached a place darker than the other, only two streets lights supplied electricity but it is still possible to see things while observing the environment as I ran, I mistakenly banged my foot against a hard stone, I tripped hard to the floor.

"Ouch!" I screamed and tried getting up but I couldn't.

I finally faced the person who was chasing after me and I couldn't recognize him from anywhere to make matters worse, I couldn't see his face properly .

"What do you want from me?" I shivered moving backward on my butt.

My toe was bleeding seriously in my shoe.  He smirked at me and showed the knife to me.

"A-a knife, I have never offended anyone, I have no money, please leave me alone, I didn't do anything to you" I cried but my tears didn't affect him one bit.

He was staring at me with angry eyes.

"You dare betray my boss and you think you can get away with it" He sneered.

I couldn't comprehend his words at first but it later dawned on me who he was talking about.

"You are from Tito" I gasped in disbelief.

I was shocked, I never knew Tito could be so heartless, he knew about it and he has decided to kill me, he is a real brute.

"T-tito sent you" I quivered

"Actually no, I am doing my ignorant and poor Boss a favour of getting rid of a pest like you and my name is Matteo, that would be the last thing you will hear before I slaughter you," Matteo grinned wicked.

He moved to me and dragged me by my ankles, he crawled on my body and raised the knife to kill me. I shut my eyes in fear but the knife didn't pierce me, I slowly opened my eyes and saw him doing something else, he was unbuckling his belt.

"What...are you doing.. please don't do this" I sobbed helplessly.

"You look sexy it won't be bad to have a taste of you, let me feel what my boss has been enjoying" Matteo licked his lips savagely and leaned on me

"Stop, someone help" I screamed but there were no passers-by around to help me.

He started licking my neck and biting it.  "Please" I screamed in tears.

I couldn't let this bastard have his way with me, my hand started moving on the floor around me and I touched something on the floor, a huge stone. I dug my fingers into the sand and grabbed the stone out of it.

Matteo raised himself up and pulled up my gown but the next thing took him off guard, I raised up the stone and hit it on  head.

"Aah!" He groaned and fell off me.

I quickly stood up and grabbed my bag, I limped fast as I could but before I knew it, he was already after me again.

"Fűck!" I groaned.

I reached the road and he was still behind me and he was getting closer. I looked and crossed, I couldn't take the pain anymore, I fell by the side of the road.

Bang!!!  I heard and covered my ears because of the loud thud, I raised up my face and turned to see Matto in a pool of blood in the middle of the road.

I gasped and moved back, the car who hit him had already drove away, loud gasps of shock escaped my lips, beads of sweat formed in my forehead as my body began quivering involuntarily and goosebumps filled my skin.

"Oh my goodness" I cried and blocked my mouth with my hands.

I swallowed hard and stood up, I held on to my bag and limped to him and used my foot to turn his body and his eyes were wide open.

"He's dead" I sobbed.

Not like I felt sorry for him but seeing a dead body frightens me and knowing that I might be responsible for his death makes me a bit guilty even though I shouldn't feel any ounce of guilt for this bastard. I limped out of there and headed to the house.

When I reached home, the house was empty

"It seems like they've gone to the hospital" I muttered and sighed.

I treated my injured foot so it wouldn't get infected.

I had plans to go visit Noello but I changed my mind, I am too shocked, exhausted and frightened to even go on such a journey. I went to the kitchen and got a glass of water for myself, I was about to return to the couch when a bang came on the door, my heart almost flew out of my chest.

"Damn!" I yelled and walked cautiously to the door. "Who is there? " I asked but no reply came.

"Who is there?" I asked again, I didn't know if the dead guy had resurrected and had come back to kill me.

"It's me, Zelmira," Zelmira said from outside.

I was stunned, I quickly went to open the door and she was really the one.  "Zelmira?"

"In the flesh, I came to talk to you"

"Not after drowning me, I have nothing to talk to you about" I hissed and was about to close the door.

But she pushed the door back.  "What if I tell you, this is about your father and that I can help you destroy those who wronged you " She said and I became perplexed.

"What are you saying?"

"Let me in, I am sure you would love to know about it." Zelmira smirked.