Chapter 65: pretense

Enzo and Fiorella are still arguing.

"Really, Fiorella? this is all you have to say, I don't understand you anymore, sometimes you act like you hate him and other times you act like you care about him, why are you being capricious!" Enzo yells.

"I am not being capricious, I am only saying that what you did is quite nasty from your own side, you know that he won't even be able to testify or recall whatever he had done, the court might even postpone everything," Fiorella yells back, even though that isn't her real reason for scolding him.

"I have helped you since we met, I have always been there for you, you always wanted justice for those who killed your father,  you wanted the murderers to rot in jail for the rest of their lives but now you are like someone else," Enzo shouts.  "Maybe I think he has brainwashed you or maybe the acrobatic sex has set you off, that's why you can't seem to forget..."

A slap lands on his cheek cutting him off.  "Acrobatic what?" Fiorella yells.

"Yes I said it, you slept with him and I am sure it's more than twice, I am so disappointed that his dîck now is your main priority instead of your fa..."

Another slap on the same cheek but this one was harder, so hard that he staggers and his cheek turns crimson.

"You are an imbecile!" Fiorella curses, feeling incredibly angry.  "You are acting like a jerk, how could you say that to me, I never even knew he killed my father when I slept with him, so now you take me as a prostitute, I think we have to end this, you have submitted the evidence, there is nothing I can do about it, so this should be the last time I will talk to you," Fiorella said seriously.

Enzo faces her with teary eyes. "Heartbeat you can do this..."

"I am not your heartbeat, let's stop all this, Lorenzo, let's end this, my life is complicated enough," Fiorella yells all in one breath, she has to take a deep breath because she's running out of breath these days.

"Forgive me, I didn't mean to say what I said," Enzo apologises.

"No, I won't forgive you, I am too stressed out I am tired of this evidence, death case, bitterness, grief, Papa would never want me to be like this, I feel so miserable, that is why I want to end this, you have gotten your promotion, leave already have a good life in America, it's a blessed country, go there and you be happy." Fiorella mutters and holds her head with one hand.

She knows he is in love with her but this one sided love has to end, she doesn't love him back even though she has tried convincing herself that she hates Tito but it's all a lie, she loves him. She loves Tito and she has finally realised it.

"You can't be serious,"

"I am dead serious Lorenzo, I don't love you, I don't love you at all, it's just friendship, fondness nothing beyond that, I will never ever love you as a boyfriend or a lover, the kisses mean nothing to me!" Fiorella argues at the brink of tears.

Tears drop from his eyes, he doesn't even bother wiping them away, He feels so heartbroken.  "Enzo, I am so sorry, I can't love you back," Fiorella sobs.

"But you love him back, you are in love with the man who killed your father! "

"Maybe you are right, we should end this here, there is no need of forcing myself on you anymore, you can keep loving a murderer but when you regret don't you dare try to find me." Enzo mutters seriously.

"Get out of my house," Enzo growls.

" Enz-"

"Get out! "He shrieks and she flinches fearfully.

"Be safe in California and find a better woman, forget me Enzo, don't even remember my name," Fiorella sighs, she goes to grab her bag and she leaves without any hesitation.

Enzo closes his eyes and more tears trickle from them.

—-

Signora Aria paces in her office to and fro, she has been restless since that information got to her, she can hardly think straight.

Zelmira knocks on the door.

"Come in!"

Zelmira walks in with some documents in her hand.

"My beautiful Suecora" Zelmira forces a smile and goes to hug her tightly.

"Don't suffocate me, I don't have the strength," Signora Aria complains and yanks her hands off.

"Suecora, is something wrong? do you need a massage?" Zelmira inquires.

"No I don't need anything, I just need some peace," Signora Aria turns to her and yells.

"Please sign this, I need your signature, so that the wedding gown can be sent to me," Zelmira mutters.

Signora Aria rolls her eyes, she grabs the pen from her and signs on wherever Zelmira asks her, she doesn't even bother reading the document, she's just absent-minded.

"Are you happy now?" Signora Aria glares at her.

"Extremely happy," Zelmira giggles and runs out of office.

'How won't I be happy? When you just signed your entire properties over to me,' Zelmira smiles while checking the documents.  "Yipee!" She screams excitedly but covers her mouth.

___

Fiorella gets to the mansion, she looks around and goes to the couch to sit, she feels so tired.

"Geez, my life is a mess!" Fiorella sighs and sniffs.

She starts whimpering again, her life is complicated, her father was killed by the man who she had a one night stand with and also got pregnant for, now she has fallen in love with him, her life can't get any worse.

Fiorella cleans her tears and heads to Tito's room, she steps in and he is wide awake.

"Tito," She calls and he looks up, he has the same blank look on his face.

Tito stands up and walks to her.

"Have you taken your drugs?" Fiorella asks and touches his head.

He doesn't respond.

"Let me get them for you," She smiles and tries leaving but he grabs her both arms and holds them tightly.

"Ah!" She groans.

"I know everything, you are aware that I killed your father right? don't you dare lie to me, Fiorella!"