Chapter 42: Pains & Scars

"I never knew hamburgers were so tasty.'' Fiorella snickers and takes a big bite of the burger.

"It's not as sweet as you," Tito smiles, it's lovely being with her, seeing her face, every minute with her is different, he doesn't casually like women wearing his shirts and sitting in the bed eating breakfast for lunch and kissing, those romantic things aren't part of his agendas but with her, it's always different, he does and accepts the unthinkable.

Fiorella raises her head shyly, her cheeks are bulging with a piece of burger inside.  Tito kisses off the crumb of burger on her lips, her eyes widen and butterflies flutter in her stomach because of that gesture.

Tito straightens himself and smiles a little. Fiorella takes a while before chewing her food and swallowing it nervously, she suddenly chokes on it.

"Easy," He beams knowingly and gives her the glass of water on the tray.

She grabs it from him and gulps it down quickly.. She coughs and pats her chest.

"Thanks" She clears her throat.

"I miss Noelle" Tito mutters out loud, he didn't say it for her to hear.

"I miss the twins too" Fiorella smiles, happy that he cares for them.

"But I don't really miss Noello, that boy is too much of a rogue... " He mutters bluntly and pauses, he continues with a less offensive statement since Fiorella didn't look amused at all "I kind of miss his troubles"

"Who do you think he takes that nasty attitude from?" Fiorella asks, making him laugh out loud.

She never expected that laughter. She had never seen him laugh, it's either he smirks or smiles briefly but not laughing, wholeheartedly.

Tito notices her stare and comports himself.

" You look extremely handsome when you smile" She snickers.

Her words make his heart flutter, he touches heart in fear.

'Why did it do that?' He is not pleased by the strange feeling.

There is an awkward silence between them after that.

"Do you want to call them? "Tito asks.

"Yes I do but I forgot my phone at home," Fiorella giggles at her silly behaviour.

"How could you forget your phone, outstanding" Tito mumbles under his breathe,  the last word.

{Italy} - Fiorella's house.

Signora Ginvera has been unconscious for almost two hours, her fingers suddenly move and her eyelashes too, she flutters her eyes open and groans.

"Noelle" She mutters in pain and tries hard to sit straight.

She touches the back of her head and there is blood on her hair.  "Noello!!" Signora Ginvera yells, tears brimming in her eyes as she looks around for them.

She stands up and walks to the room but can't find them, hot tears drop from her eyes.  "Oh my goodness" Signora Ginvera cries and tumbles back to the wall.

"My grandchildren" She grips her chest in tears.

She rushes out of their room and checks around again but can't find them, she goes to her room and looks for her phone,she dials Fiorella's number but there is no response.

"Answer the call please" Signora Ginvera cries.  She dials numerous times but there is no response from her.

"Oh my goodness" She cries helplessly.

She thinks of Tito and checks her phone for an unknown number. She remembers a day that Fiorella used her phone once to call Tito. Signora sees an unknown number and dials it, it rings for a while and he answers.

"Hello" The baritone was heard from the end of the line.

"Is this Tito?" Signora Ginvera sobs.

"Yes," Tito replies. "And who might you be?"

"The twins have been kidnapped" She whimpers.

"What!!!" His scream echoes in the phone and he suddenly hangs up.

"Hello, Tito!!!"

"Fiorella" Signora Ginvera cries loudly but  the call has already been cut.  She cries louder and groans in pain.

___

{New York} - Gramercy Park Hotel.

"What happened? Tito?" Fiorella asks, his suddenly shocked face makes her concerned.

"Are you alright?"

"The twins...  twins have been kidnapped" Tito replies and stands up, he rushes to the wardrobe and starts pulling out his stuff.

"They have been what?!!! What the hell are you talking about!" Fiorella shrieks, teary eyed. "Tito, I'm talking to you" She yells and climbs down from the bed, so she rushes to Tito.

"I think it was your mother who called," Tito responds and packs some of his clothes.

He turns to her and holds her arms. "Don't cry alright, go pack your things. We are taking the first flight back to Italy,''

Fiorella nods but can't help the tears from falling, she storms out of the room. She packs up her things and changes her clothes, they leave the hotel and go to the airport.

__

There is a huge traffic jam ahead of them, and it makes them so worried and anxious.

"Can't we take another route?" Tito asks, his Italian accent confuses the driver.

"I don't understand"

"Can't we take another route," Tito yells, annoyed by the driver's dumbness.

"I am sorry we can't, there are a lot of cars lined up at the back too, there is no way out, we have to wait for the traffic to clear" the driver replies and beeps the car's horn.

"Tito, I am so scared" Fiorella cries, she's having scary thoughts running through her mind.

"Stop crying, we will get there soon" Tito consoles her and holds her hand.

"What about your award? "

"I don't care about it" Tito retorts.

___

{Italy} - Unknown location

Noello has been struggling with the ropes since he woke up but it's impossible to get free from them, they look thick and strong.

He can feel his phone vibrating in his pocket, he hopes they find him through the tracking device, thankfully he had put the phone on vibration while playing games.

"Let us out of here" Noello screams, he falls along with the chair as a result of shaking too much.

One of the guys hears a loud thud and step into the large room, he thought that they were trying to escape.

"You think you are strong? , You won't escape from here anytime soon it would be your corpse" He talks wickedly and faces Noelle.

Noelle slowly wakes up, the place is blurry but she sees things clearer after squinting for some minutes.

"Noello" She calls and starts sobbing.

The man looks at her and grins "Beautiful"

Noelle faces him with her red, teary face.  He walks to her and bends down to her level.

"Get away from my sister?" Noello yells.

"You are pretty" He mutters pervertedly staring at her fair skin.  He touches her legs

"Leave me alone" Noelle cries loudly.

"Mamma, Papa"

He takes his hand under her gown.

"Stop"

"Leave her!" Noello shouts.

He trails his fingers on her lap.

"Papa!" Noelle cries loudly.