Chapter 35: Gunshot

Enzo's POV

I couldn't stay without seeing her anymore and though I watched her from afar, I just couldn't bring myself to getting the image of her kissing Tito Denero out of my head, he's a criminal and I don't want her to get involved in any trouble, the rain couldn't stop me from seeing her and hugging her tightly, I love her so much, moreover she's my heartbeat.

"Stay with me, I love you" I finally confessed my feelings and hugged her as tight as I could, like she would disappear at any minute if I let her go.

I didn't hear anything from her, only her heavy breaths, I am quite happy that she didn't push me away.

"Enzo..." Fiorella muttered and pulled away from my tight embrace.

She was wet as well, she looked blank, her hair looked sticky as the rain continued drizzling.

"I love you, Fiorella, I can't stop myself from thinking about you, every minute, you are always on my mind, I loved you the first day I saw you but didn't have the courage to show my feelings till we mistakenly kissed, from that day I knew that you are the only woman who could occupy the void in my heart "I confessed, those words came from the depth of my heart, I have never felt this way for anyone before.

"My heart belongs to you, that's why you are my heartbeat, I love you "I continued in a shaky and shivering voice.

Fiorella simply stared at me, lost of words, she didn't say anything in response to my confession.

"You should come inside, we are getting really wet, you might catch a cold" Fiorella said and avoiding my gaze..

It was like a stab to my heart, that she couldn't say she loved me back, now I understand better how it feels to be heartbroken.

"Let's go" She muttered and held my hand, she took me inside her house.

I felt cold and couldn't stop my body from trembling, Fiorella left me and came back with a towel.

"Use this" She smiled nervously and stretched it to me.

"You should go clean up first and change, I don't want you to fall sick" I said, pushing the towel back towards her.

"Take, I will go change" Fiorella insisted and put the towel into my hands.

She left again and I dried my hair and body, I took off my clothes save only my boxer shorts.I've heard of women seducing men but even if it takes seduction for her to reciprocate my feelings I won't think twice about it..

Fiorella went to the kitchen and made a hot cup of tea for me, she came to give it to me, she had changed to another pyjamas but this one has a blue background with white flowers on it.

I took a sip of the tea and kept staring at her beautiful face, she was looking at the ground the whole time.

I touched her hair fondly and she looked up.

"Come, sit" She smiled and made me sit on the sofa.

"You can sleep over, it won't be favourable for you to go in the rain again,I doubt if there would be any cabs left outside" Fiorella said, I could see the care in her eyes but I want her love.

"Thanks for your hospitality but I came here to ask about him, do you love him?"

"No I don't," She retorted.

It made me happy that she had no feelings for him.

"But I saw you kissing him" I said and she had a sudden shocked expression on her face.

"What!"

"Yes"

"That was a mistake, I didn't mean to kiss him, he's kind of an impulsive person" She quickly answered.

I heaved a sigh of relief  and asked again "But why does he come to your house almost everyday?" 

"Because..." She cleared her throat and resumed speaking "Because he is the father of my kids"

"What!!!" I exclaimed.

"How is that even possible?" I asked in disbelief.

"It was a one night stand, I got drunk and we slept with each other," Fiorella explained, playing with her frail fingers.

I dropped the cup of tea on the table.

"I see, are you sure you feel nothing for him?" I inquired and she took a while before nodding.

I held her hands gently and further questioned "What about me?"

"I love you too as my friend" She replied and I became crestfallen.

"Enzo, I'm sorry I don't think I see you in a romantic sense, I love you so much as a friend, for always being there for me, saving me, being my shoulder to cry on..."

"That means I have a chance" I managed to smile.

"I don't want you to put your hopes up," Fiorella answered.

"I don't care if it's a one sided love for now, I love you that's what matters" I smiled and tried kissing her lips but she resisted.

I placed my lips on her soft cheek, I felt like nibbling on it but stopped myself..

"You should sleep, it's quite late. '' She smiled and stood up.

She walked away and came back with a duvet.

"This will cover you up properly" She smiled at me.

I returned the beautiful smile and laid on the couch, she helped me in covering myself.

"Buona notte" Fiorella beamed and tried walking away but I grasped her wrist and pulled her back making her directly fall on me.

A gasp escaped her lips, she tried raising up herself but I pinned her down by her waist.

"Enzo," She muttered uneasily.

I removed the duvet, and covered both of us with it.

"Let's stay like this" I insisted and hugged her tightly to my cold body.

"What if the twins see us?" She asked in low voice.

Instead of replying I kissed hair and wrapped my hands tightly around her.

___

Next morning, I flickered my eyes open and I didn't find Fiorella close to me anymore, I slowly sat up and a knock came in the door.

"Isn't it too early?" I frowned and stood up, I walked to the door and opened it.

I saw Tito and frowned, but his frown was heavier, he looked at me from head to toe, I knew exactly what was running through his mind.

I smirked.

"What are you doing here?" He thundered, it seemed like he recognized me.

"I'm in my girlfriend's house, I mean my heartbeat, Fiorella" I smiled.

"We did some naughty things last night, you won't want to know because it's something between a man and a woman, the bird and the bees" I said mockingly.

"You should get out before it's too late for you" He grunted.

"Or else what?" I grimaced.

I looked into his fired eyes fearlessly even though it gave me the chills..

Tito growled and brought out a gun, I was shocked when he pointed it at him, I retracted my steps backwards into the house.

"Get out or I shoot you her and now" He threatened thoughtlessly.

"You are mad" I cursed and gripped the gun in his hand, we started struggling for it.

I won't let a man like him hurt my heartbeat, I will make sure I do everything to ruin his image.

Struggling with the gun, it went off and a loud gunshot sounded.

"Ah!!!" Fiorella screamed and landed on the floor.

Our eyes turned to her. "Fiorella!!!"