Chapter 47: Nightmare

Fiorella's POV

When I got to his house, I thought he wanted to tell me about his promotion. I would be happy if he left because I felt sorry that I would not be able to reciprocate his feelings but now what he is telling is so unreal and false till he played the recording.

I froze and went numb all of a sudden, I couldn't understand a thing at all, how Tito could have killed my father, it sounds impossible because I never knew that my father was working for the Denero's, he never told us of his association with them, that is why they were never part of the investigation, Enzo and I carried out.

My eyes stopped functioning for a while, my heart shattered to pieces just knowing that I had s*x with him and he's also the father of my kids. This man killed my own father, I allowed him into my home again after he took advantage of me, allowed him to get close to my kids, meanwhile all along he knew that he had murdered my father.

"Heartbeat" Enzo called but I couldn't even respond, I didn't not blink for a second, tears dropped from my eyes, I was filled with so much sorrow and grief.

I recalled how Mamma cried the night Papa died. It was a painful event that night. She continued from that day crying every night even till today she is so filled with sorrow over the death father and just to find out that the killer all along had been Tito.

"It is not true, Tito couldn't have killed my father, it is impossible" I blurted out.

"Fiorella stop trying to make excuses for that evil man or convince yourself that he is not a murderer, he killed your father!" Enzo yelled and I burst into fresh tears..

"This can't be happening to me, Enzo tells me you are joking... "I cried.  "He is the father of my children, he saved them from the fire remember?" I asked, confusedly.

I wanted to wake up from this terrible nightmare.

"This is not a joke, forget all that, he now knows that he killed your father and he never said anything, I decided to wait thinking he would stay away from you out of guilt but that bastard did not care at all instead he continued having you by his side and enjoying the appreciation you showed him, Tito Denero is nothing but a murderer, Tito Denero killed your father!!! "Enzo yelled and shook me vehemently.

"I lost my innocence to the murderer of my father, I had kids for him, I worked for him and we kissed, went to New York and we even... " I trailed off and gripped my hair,tears flooded my face.

"You also did what?" Enzo asked, gasping.

"Fiorella don't tell me... don't tell me that...  that you had s*x with him again!" Enzo exclaimed and stared at me in disbelief.

I cried harder remembering how I gave myself to him again. This was the worst day of my life.I buried my face in my hands and had the urge to rip my heart out for allowing it to deceive me. Enzo sighed and pulled me onto a tight hug.

"Enough, you will get your revenge on him and we will bring him to justice together" Enzo muttered and kissed my hair.

"I slept with the murder of my father, oh my god" I screamed in tears. "I had kids with him" I said with a whole lot of hatred.

"Stop, stop crying, everything is going to be okay, I will use every connection, I have to destroy him, he will pay for every minute he made you cry, I swear it heartbeat" Enzo swore and stroked my hair.

I kept crying miserably, not able to control myself. I don't know which hurts. Is it me sleeping with the murderer of my father? Or even having feelings for him?

But now everything is dead, the feelings,attraction, nothing is left but hatred and anger. I pulled away from the hug and sniffed.

"Fiorella, this is not the time to cry, it is the time to pull yourself together and for us to fight this common enemy together" He said but I wasn't registering anything he was saying in my brain..

I grabbed my bag and sprang up. "Where are you going?" asked Enzo..

I ignored his question and stormed out of his house in tears. I kept walking in the direction my feet took me even though I didn't know the area at all...

"Tito Denero killed your father!" His words kept echoing in my head.  "He killed your father"

At this point, my bag fell out of my hand and I started swaying from side to side. My vision turned blurry, I could hardly see or hear anything, suddenly I fell to the floor and banged hard against a thick solid thing that must have been a stone.

My eyes slowly shut and all the memories of that night suddenly came back to me.

{Flash back}

"Papa, this is so tasty" my younger self said and ate the pizza he bought.

"Yes, I got it just for you" Papa smiled and touched my cheeks that were stuffed with the pizza.

"Thanks, Papa" I smiled and chewed.

"Where is your Mamma?" Papa asked and I shrugged.

"I have no idea but she had to deliver some clothes to a customer, that's why she had to leave immediately," I replied and he nodded.

"Don't finish it, so your Mamma would have some '' Papa smiled, he is such a generous and good person..

"I can't promise anything" I replied naughtily.

"Silly girl" He laughed and pushed my forehead playfully.

Suddenly a loud bang came in the door. I wanted to respond but father bid me to keep quiet, he walked cautiously to the door and checked the windows. He turned to me and his eyes filled with shock and fear.

"Fiorella hide" He urged and I became confused.

The bangs on the door increased and he brought out a gun, I never knew father had a gun.

"Hide!" He grimaced.

I quickly hid inside the big cupboard that faced the door. It was stuffed with my old teddy bears I had when I was still a kid. I hugged one of them to my chest and left the door of the cupboard slightly open.

The door flung open, I watched as Papa killed one of the men but the other shot Papa in the shoulder, I watched through the little space in between the doors of the cupboard.

I wanted to scream but I covered my mouth. I heard father pleading to them. "P-please..."

"You dared betray me, Caesar! "A man with a husky voice thundered.

"B-boss, I am sorry, please forgive me" Papa cried.

"You are going to serve as an example to the rest who think of betraying me!" He yelled..

"Kill him!"

Tears rolled down my cheeks when I heard that command,I opened my tightened eyes, Papa started screaming as they started hitting him with sticks.

I watched them beat Papa to death, I looked at the face of the Boss and it was....

{End of flashback] -

Back to the present.

My eyes flickered open. "Fiorella, can you hear me?"Enzo asked.

It was no other person than Tito. My doubts died there and I clenched my fist. My whole being filled with anger and vengeance.