Chapter 16: Heartbeats

Fiorella's eyes widen when his hands grips her ass and her eyes become more dilated when her lips crash on his. Enzo is too shocked to respond, they are gazing into each other's eyes.

Fiorella is the first to pull away from the accidental kiss, she quickly stands up from him.

"I'm sorry" She apologises and unconsciously licks her lips.

"It's fine" He responds and stands up quickly.

"I didn't mean for this to happen, I mean the kiss" Enzo apologises as well.

"I know...neither did I, '' Fiorella stutters.

"Let me gather these things up" Fiorella said nervously and goes to start packing the things she wanted to dispose.

Enzo decides to help and kneels down, he starts picking the blood stained cotton wool, their hands suddenly meet, Fiorella looks nervously at Enzo who can feel his heart palpitating. Fiorella briskly withdraws her hand and stands up

"I will do it" Enzo smiles and gathers everything, he goes to dispose of them into the dustbin.

He smiles at her and wears his shirt, Fiorella gazes in another direction after staring at his abs for some seconds.

"Do you want to eat ?" Enzo asks.

"Actually no, I need to see the twins, they must be worried about me" Fiorella declines but her growling stomach ends up betraying her.

"I heard that," Enzo laughs, pointing at her belly. Fiorella couldn't help laughing along.

"You should eat, after that then you can go home" Enzo grins hoping she would accept. He wants to spend more time with her.

"I'm dying of hunger" Fiorella chuckles and goes to the kitchen with him.

He served the cookies he had made and a cup of coffee. Fiorella takes a bite of the cookies and is surprised.

"This is yummy" She mutters and eats more of the cookies.

"Did you really bake this?" Fiorella questions.

"Yes I did" Enzo replies and drinks from his cup of tea.

"So good"

"Thank you"

"I'm darn late for work, I should eat quickly" Fiorella mutters, she did want him to hear that but he apparently heard it.

"You've found a job"

"Yes I have and my Boss is annoying but I would explain to him what happened, maybe he would not fire me"

"He shouldn't, I don't even advice you to go to work," Enzo said, not buying the idea.

"Have you found anything about father murderers? I've been doing my research too and I haven't found anything yet" Fiorella inquires with anger in her eyes.

She wants to find her father's murderer and bring them to book but she hasn't found their true identity yet.

"No I haven't, I haven't given up investigating your father's case, how his wealth was diverted and to whom" Enzo replies and holds her hand gently.

"When I find something, I won't hesitate in telling you" Enzo promises with a cute smile on his face.

"Thank you" Fiorella returned the smile.

"You should eat more of the cookies, it will make you more healthy and beautiful" Enzo smiles seductively at her.

Fiorella looks at the cookies and can't help blushing, he's looking at her so differently now, it used to be a client relationship but it seems different now.