Chapter 88: Tough woman

Fiorella turns to Sergio and his fierce gaze relaxes, she smiles at him and leaves the father and son. She takes Sergio by the hand and they move away from there.

"Thank you for everything Sergio, this wouldn't have happened without your help, you are such a good friend," She smiles and pats the back of his hand.

Sergio smiles but it doesn't go beyond his lips, deep inside he is displeased that she calls him her friend whereas he wants to be more than that to her. he wants to be the one and only man in her life and heart but what can he do? Fiorella seems to have made her decision.

"I will always be here for you and always know that I love you a lot... " Sergio pauses, making Fiorella uneasy.

"As a friend," Sergio completes his statement even though that is far from the truth.

"I will never forget you Sergio, for all the help that you have rendered to me, for always being there for me and cheering me up when I was sad and depressed, you have been a friend in need and I really from the depth of my heart, Sergio, I appreciate it," Fiorella smiles and places her hand on her chest.

"That is heartfelt, Rella," Sergio smiles and pulls her into a hug, she smiles and hugs him back, it's a harmless hug anyways.

Fiorella knows how he truly feels about her but she can't reciprocate his feelings, she should hate Tito for everything he has done and all that has occurred because of him but she just can't forget him so easily, she loves him too much to hate him.

Every woman would jump at the opportunity to be with Sergio, his chivalry is charming and he is handsome too but at the end of the day, she is not every woman.

She pulls away from the hug and smiles at him.

Tito is watching them, Noello has been taken away by the doctor for some checkup, Fiorella leaves Sergio and goes to sit beside Tito.

"Hi," She smiles.

"Where's Noello?"

"He is being checked on by the doctor," Tito replies. "I am sorry for all that has happened, this is kind of my fault," he sighs and tries to smile but fails at the attempt.

"N-no, it is not your fault, you have been through a lot too and life isn't a bed of roses anyways, so any problem that comes our way Tito, we would fight together," Fiorella consoles him with tears in her eyes, she places her hand on his lap and smiles.

"You don't know how scared I was for you and Noello but the both of you are jerks, so I knew that you would be safe," Fiorella chuckles.

Tito chuckles as well. "You have joined the team of Noelle and Lilian who keeps calling us jerks?"

"Yeah, I think so?" Fiorella laughs light heartedly.

"You look more beautiful when you smile, I want to see it on your face and if I have to disappear from..."

"What are you saying? you told me yourself that you didn't want to be far away from the children so what now? I don't want to be far away from you as well, I have been miserable these past years without you, I missed your lips, your rare smile, your care and especially your dîck," Fiorella rants making him roar in laughter.

"You are such a bad girl," Tito snickers and pecks the bridge of her nose.

Fiorella blushes when he does.

__

Noello has been examined and he is fine, just a little traumatised.

"Buddy," Sergio smiles at him.

"We aren't buddies," Noello frowns.

Sergio sighs at his failed attempt to be friendly with this cold child, he pockets his hands and forms a smile on his lips.

"How are you now? "Sergio asks.

Noello answers rashly. "Obviously traumatised, duh... "

Sergio scoffs, this kid is getting on his nerves.

"Papa is back for good, stop trying to make Mamma fall in love with you because, it won't work, she is head over heels for Papa and loves him dearly, when he wasn't around, she would cry her eyes out while staring at his picture," Noello rants, Sergio can attest to what he is saying, he has caught her once.

"You don't have a chance with Mamma and Papa is powerful, he just wants to keep a clean slate that's why he isn't showing the dangerous side of him, look he left a scratch on your lips, the next time, he might not be so friendly and you should know that I don't like you and I am as dangerous as my Papa or even worse." Noello grimaces and snarls at him.

Sergio winces, this kid knows how to scare the shit out of a person but he is right, Tito is involved with dangerous people showing that he is also dangerous, it is better for him to give up on Fiorella than end up dead. With this thought, a deep sigh escapes his lips.
___

It's been almost a month since that awful incident and there has been peace. The children love playing with Tito especially when they get back to school, the security too has become tighter. Signora Ginvera is not pleased with this but their playful acts sometimes melts her heart and it's getting harder to hold a grudge against him.

Signora Ginvera leaves her and goes to the sitting room to see them watching the television like a family, it is a popular comedy show and there is constant roaring laughter from them, it makes her happy seeing them like this but she is just too tough to forgive Tito that easily, if he wants forgiveness, he has to earn it.

She walks to the kitchen instead and comes back when the sitting room becomes quiet. She meets Fiorella and Tito kissing and she clears her throat making them halt whatever they were doing, she approaches them.

"Tito?" Signora Ginvera calls, it shocks them, she always thought of Tito's name as an abomination not to be mentioned at all.

"Signora..." He responds.

"If you want me to forgive  you. If you want to come to this house everyday from tomorrow onward, only one condition is needed, which is,  you would become my servant," Signora Ginvera said.

"What!" Fiorella exclaims.

"I accept, I accept to be your servant, errand guy, I don't care as long as you forgive me," Tito replies, she can see the sincerity in his eyes.

"Mamma, I don't like this, Amore mio, you don't have to do this," Fiorella pouted.

"I don't care about being a slave, I will do it," Tito smiles at Fiorella then Signora Ginvera.

Signora Ginvera turns her back on them and smirks. "You should eat really well and sleep too, because you will need all the energy you can get,"