The right time

Detroit was always a nice place to have seen develop, although decision were made for the better or worse of the community. However what was better than just seeing Detroit, was Detroit in winter.

Jack had been excited since the calendar was flipped over to December but from what the young boy could recollect of Christmas, he didn't seem to have the happiest of times. Well Cole and I had endeavoured to make it better than his last, even if it was better by just a slim margin.

That started with the decorating, which we started as a family, Cole found the tree, I brought the decorations and Jack was left to decorate it to his heart's content which he took full charge with "the top looks rather bare" Jack stated after standing back to admire his handiwork "that's because your missing the topper" I replied passing him the object "you can put it on then mum!" Jack encouraged me "hang on" came Cole's voice as he emerged from the office "the angel is supposed to go on the top of the tree" Cole declared, wrapping his hands around my waist to lift me up off the floor "Cole!" I exclaimed although this just had Jack laughing "you are not putting me on top of the tree" I retorted to the smiling Android "well the quicker you put the topper on then the quicker you'll be on the floor again" Cole replied and I did as Cole suggested, thankful to be put on the floor again on my two feet, smiles passing between the two of us
"What are we going to do next!" Jack asked, his excitement getting the better of him. Since Cole had never fully experienced a human Christmas, it was up to me.
"Shall we turn on the lights?" I suggested, Jack instantly jumped over to the main light switch before turning on the Christmas tree lights.
"They're so pretty!" Jack exclaimed, looking bewildered by the LED lights that were strung over the tree.
"It's all of your hard work Jack, all thanks to you" I said, standing back beside Cole who rested his arm around my shoulders, also admiring the boys afternoon of hard work.
"Now, shall we get ready for some food?" Cole suggested, perking the young boys interests "Pizza!" Jack declared jumping at Cole who looked over at me "I guess we can have pizza, as well as some popcorn for a movie night?" I suggested with Jack then removing himself from Cole to hug me "can we!" Jack asked as I picked him up "of course! Go get some shoes and a jacket on" I hurried him along as he disappeared into his room.

I cast my eyes back to Cole who had a small smile on his face as he was looking down at his phone "good news?" I asked leaning against the kitchen counter "Fowler got our application through the courts, we're officially Jack's guardians" Cole explained. This was such good news! "Oh my goodness" I whispered with Cole embracing me "we did it, we saved Jack" Cole comforted me as I buried my head into his shoulder "I love you Cole, thank you" I admitted, it took a moment before the Android did anything, but I was thankful when he did move "I love you too" he replied with a kiss to my head "I have something for you" Cole said reaching into the pocket on the inside of his jacket to reveal the ring that he had gotten with Jack "it was meant to be saved for Christmas, but I think that it's better to give it to you now" Cole said as I couldn't believe my eyes at the ring "goodness Cole, that looks expensive" I remarked but nevertheless Cole waited for me to hold my hand out "you deserve the best" Cole said sliding the ring onto my finger just as Cole came out of his room "I'm ready to go!" Jack said taking my free hand "alright Jack, we'll go get your pizza!" I replied although I was laughing at my new adopted son as he began lightly pulling me to the door as I looked back at Cole.
He gave a proud smiling before mouthing the words 'I love you'. I smiled back, knowing instantly what my answer was 'I love you most.'

Cole: Fiancé

'The memories we make with our family is everything'

AN: hey everyone! I started writing this chapter in July 2022, and I've just finished it in May 2023. If I'm being honest with everyone, I lost the passion to write this story but I believed you all deserved a final chapter to try and round it off. I had initially thought of writing more but I was running out of ideas.

My writing style has changed so much since this time last year and hopefully, I'll be back soon to write another story if anyone wants to stick around. There could be one shots in the future of this little family that I started building but we'll have to wait and see.

Anyways, I want to thank everyone who has read this story. It's been a crazy ride over the 5 years I've been trying to publishing this story and I'm glad that people have enjoyed reading this first insert story of mine.

Till next time.