Hope

Cole and I arrived the next morning with coffee in our hands and we retreated straight to our desks opposite each other. While I was stuck induced in my work, Hank walked down the aisle between desks and placed something metal on there. I didn't notice it until Connor pointed it out "Y/N, there's something on your desk" he started as I filling my head up to look at the android before noticing the triangular shaped object on my desk "What's this?" I asked glancing at Cole, Connor and then Hank Who were all looking at me and smiling, I turned it around to see the title of Captain L/N and turned straight around to see Captain Fowler packing up in his office "Oh no, no!" I muttered to myself as I stood up and rushed over to his office and barged in. To my surprise he was expecting me "Captain L/N, it's good to see you" he greeted me as I sighed "Sir I can't accept it" I put blankly as he sat down "why ever not?" He asked I sighed "because your Captain" I started as he cut me off "Not anymore, I am now your Commander" he told me as I took a sigh of relief "thank god, I wouldn't replace you sir" I told him as he let out a small smile "Now, get out of my office" he put as I smiled and turned around as I heard him sniff as I left the office. I went back to my desk and before I was able to sit down Cole interrupted me "Y/N, there's another surprise in you police car" he said as I frowned and left to see what this next surprise was.

I went down to the car garage with Cole following me "Why are you following me?" I asked him "To see your reaction" he replied as I flashed him a quick smile before reaching our car where I pulled open the door and was a German Shepard puppy sat on the seat waiting for us, he barked eagerly as I clasped my hands to my mouth before picking the puppy up and turning to the Android "Did you buy me this?" I asked him as he raised his hand to scratch the back of his neck "Yes I did" he answered me as I hugged him with one arm as my other one was wrapped tightly around the bundle of fur in my arms "thank you Cole" I whispered to him as he smiled "no problem" he replied as I let go of him "I want you to name him" I told him as Cole stepped back startled at the offer "Me?" He stuttered as I nodded and his led flashed red, yellow and then back to blue "Can we call him chance?" He asked me as I smiled and nodded "I want to give you hope that we have the slightest chance of finishing this investigation together" he finished as I glanced up into his grey eyes. He was troubled and confused with what he was dealing with "We will get through it, together, your cyber life's most advanced android if that doesn't give you hope than I don't know what does" I told him as I reached for his hand and held it "I don't know what hope feels like" he muttered to himself hoping I wasn't going to hear it but I did and I forgot what I was doing when I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. Cole stood there clueless as I walked off with our dog Chance in my arms.