Restarting

The sun rose before it went down again, it did that a few more I wanted to go outside. But the thing is, I couldn't leave my bedroom because Cole sat my the door, waiting. His circuits were the only thing that could be heard between us in our moments of silence, he continued to report cases and I kept crying from regret, sadness, relief and more feelings I couldn't keep inside. The sun streamed into my room around its normal time of seven and I opened my curtains to see a delusional world of peace "Cole," I called out for a small yellow light that seeped under the crack of my door turn blue within an instant "Yes Captain L/N" he said softly "open the door and give me the latest report" I told him as the bulky android stood up and opened the door slowly before stepping into my room "last report was last night at precisely 2:42" he froze for a moment as his LED turned yellow and did a full circle before he answered me "Captain L/N, you may not read this due to your current state but there has been a bomb found near the station, if you are available your assistance will be valuable. Like always, Commander Fowler" Cole read out as I began grabbing my things "Cole, for your benefit and mine please start researching as much as you can" I told the Android in front of me "Yes Captain" he replied as I smiled at him, looking into his blue eyes, his gaze soften then what it was when he held me against a wall when we first laid eyes on each other "RK900, just call me Y/N when we are not engaged in matters related to work" I told him as Cole stood there, looking down on me "you've been thinking of our past times together haven't you" he said, his tone sounding like he was accusing me of murder "what if I have, peoples lives are in danger as well as our beloved station so RK900 registered as Cole, let's go and save some lives" I said triumphantly as the two of us exited the apartment.

Curious heads turned when they saw a car approaching. An military sergeant stepped out in front of us as I rolled down the windows and Cole looked straight ahead
"I'm sorry but no civilians are aloud on the premise" he told me "Sergeant Hoode, long time no see" I said smiling at him as he frowned before taking in who I was "Lieutenant L/N" he said as I rolled my eyes "it's now Captain but please may we continue" I asked my former friend "Registration of the Android?" He asked as Cole moved his head to look at the military sergeant "RK900 #313-248-317 - 87" Cole registered as the sergeant gave a nod "it was nice seeing you gain Y/N, you may proceed to the station" Hoode said as I rolled up my window and began to drive towards the station. I stopped the car in my normal parking space and stepped out of the car as people looked around at our arrival, one rushed inside and then followed Commander Fowler out of the building. I smiled at my superior as he flashed a smile back "Captain L/N, I'm glad you got have someone who reads your messages and stop smiling this is no smiling or laughing matter" he told me as I straightened up my face "apologies sir" I replied "apology accepted but now come inside," he hesitated for a moment "we have a unexplored WW2 bomb to sort out"

When you reach the end of your rope
Tie a knot in it and hold on