Progression

Third person view

Gavin was amazed at the investigation work of Captain L/N and Cole, compared to his own they had a mountain of just documents that they had completed between the two of them. Gavin came into work the next day and finally had the courage to go and ask his superior for, which surprised her as well.

Y/N's view

I sat at behind my desk on what seemed to be a normal workday but whatever it was, it was quiet and I didn't like it. Fowler visited me earlier about a few more Androids joining us and we both overlooked the bill. Just before I left my office for lunch, Gavin came up to my office door "Gavin?" I asked him as he looked shamefully down at his feet "please may I come in, I would like to talk to you about something" he said as I took a step backwards "of course come in" I invited, closing the door behind the detective as he sat down opposite my desk. I sat down and pulled in my chair "what can I do for you Detective" I asked him as he hesitated and looked at what lay on my desk "I would like to have a" he froze again as I leaned in slightly "a what?" I prompted him "a companion" he said as I widened my eyes "you want a companion?" I repeated as he slowly nodded "an Android as well please" he added as I placed my hand to the side of my face in shock "stop with the over reaction!" He said as I stayed in my position "it really isn't a over reaction" I told the older detective "carry on" Gavin said as I rolled my eyes "well, there's a new Android we are being given by cyberlife to test out" I started as I logged into my monitor "a new Android?" He asked as I gave him a little nod and showed him the Android "A RK950" he said as I gave a nod "so basically the the female version of your boyfriend?" He asked as I glared at him "yes but he's not my boyfriend" I returned with a stern voice "you know it is your boyfriend that opened my eyes to an Android partner" he started as I nodded in agreement "when he stepped in front of you and told you what Fowler said, it was really inspirational" he said as I glanced at him "he did also tell me that you and him went on a date as a couple" Gavin added as I bit my lower lip "so go on Captain L/N, I thought you said that you and him weren't dating" he hinted leaning forwards as I clicked on my mouse before turning to him "that Android is all yours, it will be here Monday, I'll see you then now get out" I said leaning forwards as he drew back before standing up hastily and leaving the room to let Cole in "Captain L/N, I have your lunch" he said as I looked up at him "oh Cole, I was going to get it now but thank you" I said as he set it out in front of me "I heard what Reed said" he reported as I sighed "how?" I asked him as he gave a little smile "I can hear through walls, I can identify heat signatures through walls and you didn't think I can hear your conversations?" He asked with a little laugh "I would call you my girlfriend" he said as I looked sharply up at the Android "I'm surprised Cole, you know what I said and how I reacted to Reed, now RK900 get out" I ordered as he drew up straight "of course ST740" he finished with a wink and then left my office.

The real power of a man
Is in the size of the smile
Of the woman standing next to him