Past memories

The tapping of Chance continued through the night keeping me awake, he was wining because he couldn't reach me and it hurt me to keep him there but Cole told me not to let the dog in but he had shut down for the night. I opened the door and rushed back to bed as Chance came and leapt onto the bed and settled down quickly "Y/N, I told you not to let the dog in" Cole spoke up, his LED lit up "I'm sorry but I can't let him keep yowling" I apologised as he sat up "would you like a little bit of news?" He asked me as I blinked "at four in the morning?" I assumed as he hesitated "It's eleven" he responded as I opened my mouth slightly "oh" I replied as he gave a small and quiet laugh "Commander Fowler has sent a message asking if you will come to the hospital tomorrow to inspect a man who I picked up at the attack?" Reported Cole "Sure" I replied before falling asleep.

Cole trailed behind me as we walked briskly through the corridor "Y/N you should sl-" Cole started to protest "Captain L/N, this may be distressing" warned Fowler stepping out of the room "Commander Fowler" I greeted him completely ignoring Cole's complaints "Captain, this will be hard for you as I know that you will break down so I am allowing Cole to accompany you" explained Fowler as I looked at the white door and Fowler turned to Cole and placed his hand on the androids shoulder "look after her, I know your capable of love but this will be a challenge" he whispered to Cole as I pushed the door open and stepped inside the hospital room with Fowler grunting as Cole pushed past him to get to my side to close the door just in time for me to fall to the floor "It can't be!" I told the Android, tears swelling up in my eyes "I am unable to identify the man Y/N, I will need you to tell me who it is" he requested as tears slid down my face before the Android picked up the medical notes at the end of the bed and analysing them before placing the clipboard back where it was. He crouched down next to me and offered me his hand "Captain, you were sent here to add to our investigation not to show you weakness so I advice you to stand up and recognise the man" Cole told me firmly as I waved away his hand "I didn't know who he was before I entered the room and now I know! And so do you as you just checked his notes!" I replied to the Android next to me as he moved his chest up and down to stimulate breathing "I am sorry for this distressing situation Captain L/N but we have a mission and we have to complete it, do you understand?" Asked Cole as gently as he possibly could before I looked up at him "I'm sorry Cole, but you'll have to do it, I should be tougher than this but I can't face him" I told the Android as he blinked, unresponsive "I am sorry Captain but you have to tell me who it is" reinforced Cole, reaching down to hold my hand and then I could finally tell him while on my knees at the end of a hospital bed "it's Jason Cole! It's Jason Dechart! Who I was told was dead or never would bother with me again!"

Crying is a way your eyes speak
When your mouth can't explain how broken your heart is