Walking away

Restarting...

I blinked open and the light streamed in through windows, doors and through any crevice that allowed any light into the room. The room was painted white, there was two brown leather arm chairs and a human with a glowing circle in the side of his head was sitting in one of there chairs. A old fashion book case faced me and it was decorated with books, cards and flowers. My eye was caught as the human stood up "Y/N, should I call for the doctor?" The man asked, I took not of his attire, there were cuts in his trousers and jacket which showed his bare skin "where am I and who are you?" I asked him as he tilted his head, the light shone yellow for a moment before returning back to blue "what are you doing?" I asked referring to his light "Y/N you should know" he said calmly "I don't know you" I protested as he creeped closer "my name is Cole, you are Captain Y/N L/N at Detroit police department" he explained gently "I don't need your help" I told him as he stepped back before another man stepped into the room, this time without a light attached to his head "Jason!" I exclaimed as I identified the man in a white suit, he looked at me amazed.
"Hello Y/N, I didn't think you would recognise me but I'm here to check you over" he told me as I smiled "can I come over yours later?" I asked him as he walked closer to me "best not to" he said as I held onto his hand "why not? I'm as fine as any human can be" I protested as I saw the two men's face drop with confusion as Jason turned around and walked closer to the man.

Cole's POV

I stood there rigid as Jason came closer to me "RK900, may we step outside?" He requested as I nodded "of course Doctor Dechart" I replied following the doctor out of the room and closing the hospital room door firmly shut "you may have realised but Y/N can't remember you" he started as I sighed "you don't think I realised Doctor? I'm built to learn and adapt, I'm not stupid" I told him aggressively "I'm afraid that Y/N cannot remember the incident with the robotic cybers that initially injured her and made her into an Android, she still believes I'm her boyfriend" concluded Jason as I sighed "if she can only remember that far back then she doesn't know that androids exist, she still believes that she's in 2018 and not 2038, she still believes that she is 17" I concluded as Jason placed his hand on my shoulder "there's no way we can bring back her memory either" Jason told me as I sighed "Doctor can you tell me this, why did you leave her?" I asked him as he hesitated "now is not the time for personal questions" he said "tell me" I reinforced "my mother wrote her that letter so I wouldn't have to tell her I got married, I know the letter killed her with me saying I was dead but I know it was worth it" he said "then why can't I identify you" I asked him "because I'm dead, you can't identify a dead person" he finished "I've noticed a significant difference in Y/N's health since I left her and I believe it was due to you, stay with her and rebuild your relationship with her, and I failed at keeping a promise to her, please don't break your promise to her, take care of Y/N" he told me "but what about you sir?" I asked him as he gave a little laugh "I'll disappear, she will never find me again" he concluded before turning his back on me and walking off.

Respect yourself enough
To walk away from anything that no longer grows you