P.I.

After disposing of our lunch, Joseph drove us to Royal prints. He glanced at us from time to time. If he had something to say, he didn't say it. Alexander didn't seem to notice. He grabbed a book from his backpack and started reading. I leaned against his shoulder and closed my eyes.

Luckily, Violet had agreed to let Alexander continue working on the project. This would keep him from sulking in his room. If he lost everything at once - well, I didn't want to thinking about it.

"We're here," Alexander whispered.

Yawning, I sat up.

"Good nap?" he asked.

Tiredly, I smiled. "Yeah. I needed that."

"Thanks," I said to Joseph. "Same time today too."

He eyed Alexander. "Miss Borek," he began then sighed. "Have a great day."

We grabbed our backpacks and headed inside. Miss Melanie welcomed Alexander at the door. Jesse was there but I didn't see Rachel.

"Welcome," she said. "It's a pleasure to be working directly with a member of the Royal family."

"Thank you for having me," Alexander said. "This will cut the time between mee­tings. How are we on the promotion?"

Staring at him, taking charge brought a smile to my face. If only he could see himself. Human or vampire, he did what he had to do.

As they talked about the fliers and ads, I took that as a sign to step away. Alexander, however, had different plans. As Miss Melanie walked to the elevat­or, Alexander grabbed my hand and we followed her.

Stepping into the elevator, I panicked. Miss Melanie didn't know we were dating what if she thought - well, it was too late. She saw our hands but didn't com­ment. Maybe she was told after all.

Miss Melanie took us into a conference room where Rachel waited with the black client folder. How long had she waited here?

"Take a seat," Miss Melanie said. "We've got the revised design just as it was requested."

At that, Miss Melanie glanced at me. Oh, seems like Noah actually did talk to Rachel back then. At least I hadn't screwed that part up.

I placed my backpack on an empty chair and sat. Alexander sat down beside me. Maybe if I made myself invisible then, they wouldn't notice me and they could talk freely.

"Oh, if you don't mind," Alexander said. "Can you bring me your event portfolio?"

"Sure thing." This was Rachel.

She stood and walked out. Miss Melanie took a seat and opened the black folder.

I frowned. Event portfolio? Why would he need something like that? Was he planning something else?