Unwrapping

A/N
Happy Holidays! 

Also . . . suggestive themes ahead. 

After gift opening, we had a large feast for lunch. There were food spreads everywhere. There only two tables reserved for my parents and myself. The other three had food that wouldn't agree with our stomachs. Seeing how Noah devoured the treats, it was safe to say they weren't meant for human consumption.

Mom and Dad dance in between snacking but at some time, they fed each other.

I stayed by the table munching on the sweet tarts.

"Is your cat okay?"

I glanced down at Noah who had appeared at my elbow. "Sure," I said.

"It's not at the palace," he said.

"She has a babysitter," I replied.

Did he finally figure out I was hiding a fugitive in my home?

He gave me a look. I took a bite out of my food.

"You figure out who's trying to assassinate your brother?" I asked.

"The . . . other agencies aren't being cooperative," he began.

So the mafia did know something. They wanted to keep it a secret.

"Who's the one in charge?" I asked.

"It's not that easy."

I shrugged. "Seems suspicious. Maybe looking into what the fugitive was doing would be more useful. After all, they're a fugitive for a reason."

Another look. Well, he couldn't prove anything and I was sure Alexander wouldn't let me go to jail.

"Enjoy your food," Noah said and walked away.

"What was that all about?" Alexander asked, walking to me with two cups of Jell-O.

"Asking about my cat," I replied.

"I'm not even going to ask."

He handed me the safe to consume Jell-O. His gaze settled on Violet and King Lionel. They were doing a little dance by the windows.

"How is Lady Hargrave spending the holiday?" I whispered.

I looked away and ate my Jell-O. Even though I didn't like her, it still didn't feel right if she was alone today.

"Probably with her lover," he confessed. "I called her this morning and he was there so you know."

I gaped at him. "She has a what now?"

"It's not that weird," he said. "They have their own lives and can have partners. The King allows them that. Of course, they can't birth any children from those partners."

"I didn't know that."

"It's not advertised," he admitted.

"So Violet," I began.

"She's the last one," he said. "After Dad steps down, I'll take the throne."

"So ten wives, huh?" I asked.

He gave me a look. "I'm only have one."

"Who?"

Alexander poked my forehead. "You."

My face turned red. I looked away. "You never know. You'll get over me, eventually."

He winced. "Don't say it like that."

"What about an heir? Don't you need that?"

He sighed. "I have many brothers and sisters."

"Okay, I won't make you think about it today."