Chapter 2: The shop

"Go to Hell

"Go to Hell." A man, tied to a chair, spat out blood. His face had a soft shade of blue. Here and there some scratches and a few broken ribs.

It could have been worse.

I walked a little closer to him and leaned on the chair he was sitting on. "I'll ask you one more time. And believe me, I won't ask again. Who. Sent. You." In a calm voice, I asked him the same question for the third time.

I have to say, it's starting to get on my nerves. I took it for granted for the first time, but the third time? Too much.

I'm wasting minutes of my life here that I'll never get back.

It is said that everything can be broken. Some things need more time to break. Sometimes it's a while.

And right now? Right now it's looking like I'm gonna have to be here the whole evening. I'm not really excited.

"Screw you."

"You can't say I didn't give you a chance." I exhaled in disappointment and picked up my gun from behind my belt. I aimed at his head and fired. His head fell back heavily and his mouth remained wide open. I stepped back and straightened my suit.

For the last time I looked at the man with the hole in his head in front of me and walked around him.

It was a waste of time.

"Another one?" I heard a familiar voice as I walked out the door.

"Take care of the body." I nodded at my two men, who immediately nodded and disappeared inside the door. "Third this month." I turned to Finn.

He leaned his shoulder against the wall while his arms folded across his chest.

"Nothing again?" He raised an eyebrow.

"It's admirable how they don't want to say anything." I walked past him and started walking towards the stairs that led from the underground.

"Did you call Val? Is she safe?" I heard his footsteps behind me.

"Three men are in front of her apartment and two others follow her 24/7." I opened the door at the end of the stairs and entered the interior of the villa.

"And how many times has she called you to complain?"

"Eight." I headed straight for the study, still with Finn on my heels.

The moment I opened the door, Odin appeared at my feet. His dark eyes followed Finn behind me. He looked at him disapprovingly.

"He doesn't like me." He frowned.

In his defense, Odin doesn't like a lot of people. Even though he grew up with all of us, I'm his favorite.

It's been five years since we got him. During all that time, he had not learned to love anyone else.