Chapter 8: Family

"You want to tell me where you disappeared to? Where did you run?" As soon as I got back to the club, Luna started to bombard me with questions

"Nowhere." It's not a good idea to tell her the truth. She would kill Killian first and then me. No, thank you.

"So I saw a ghost that just happened to look like you?" She crossed her arms over her breasts and raised her eyebrows in disbelief.

"You really had a lot of drinks." She didn't. "While we're at it, why don't we have another one?" If you don't ask any questions, I'll pay for it gladly.

"We? You too?" She frowned.

"I meant you." I walked up to her and grabbed her arm. "Let's go." I started to drag her to the bar.

One foot in front of the other. Not that hard, right?

Not hard until you bump into someone and they spill the entire contents of their glass on you.

"Please accept my apology." I heard a man's voice while alcohol dripped from my chest to the floor.

I want to leave here already. This club brings bad luck.

I shifted my gaze to Luna, who either wanted to cry or laugh. I think it's the second option.

"Here you go, maybe this will help." He took out a handkerchief from his suit and handed it to me.

That's when I noticed his face. A sharp sledge that could not be missed. It was as smooth as a child's ass. His dark brown eyes were glued to my face as if he was trying to read something out of it. His black hair, which was gray in places, was combed back. He must have been in his early forties.

"No, thanks." I grabbed the edges of my leather jacket and took it off before it got even dirtier than it already was. The t-shirt, which had straps, exposed my shoulders and my entire arms.

I looked up at the guy to find that his gaze was already somewhere else. More precisely on my arm where the snake tattoo is located. He looked at him carefully.

"Problem?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Not in the least." He looked up at me and smiled. "Simon Jones." He introduced himself. "I haven't seen your people wandering around these places in a long time." He looked at Luna and ran his gaze over her.

"We're leaving." I said sternly, looking him straight in the eye. I turned on my heel and started walking towards the exit, with Luna at my heels.

The guy knew exactly who we were. It's mildly disturbing. Maybe it was just my imagination. Maybe he doesn't know anything and my subconscious is playing with me. It's a possibility I can't rule out.

When I stepped outside, I was enveloped in the cool air of New York. If you can call it air. They are mostly gasses from cars.

"Keys." I motioned to Luna who was walking with me. She immediately handed them to me and we got into the car.