Chapter 37: Effort to change something

"You really are stupid

"You really are stupid." She snorted. "The poison really messed with your head." She pressed the knife harder to my throat.

"Maybe. Or maybe not."

"Then you're just stupid."

"Check my pocket. On the right side."

"If this is any..."

"Just check it." I interrupted her.

She did as I told her and took out the vial with the antidote from there.

"What is this?" She frowned.

"Antidote to that poison from the chip. Take it."

"You think I'll take something from you?" She scoffed. "Do you think I'm that naïve?"

"I have no reason to lie to you."

"What about this knife?"

"I gave it to you. I untied you. Why do you think I did that?"

"I don't know and I don't care."

"Then kill me."

"Lyssa!" I heard Killian again.

"Honey, this is between the girls." Nyx said without looking at him. "You should leave if you don't want to see your girlfriend bleed to death."

"Killian, shut up." I can say for sure that he does not like my behavior.

"You heard her. Now Eris, any last words?" She raised an eyebrow.

"You're wrong. I didn't get anything handed to me. I had to earn everything like everyone else. I didn't have any advantages."

"Bullshit."

"You think I'm perfect and flawless? Look at me. The moment I left the white snakes I was a wreck. I couldn't sleep because of nightmares where I saw people I was killing. I couldn't even move when I had panic attacks."

"Poor Eris. Do you want me to feel sorry for you?"

"I want you to realize that everything that organization represents is bad."

"And what do you expect me to do? I'll hug you and we'll be best friends? Of course Eris, let's go get a manicure together."

"What do you think will happen when you come back? Do you think they'll respect you? You're just another pawn in someone's game. They don't care about you. They don't care about anyone."

"It's getting boring." She yawned.

"What's going on here!" I heard Luna walk into the room and look at Nyx in horror. "Let her go."

"Luna, stop it. Nyx, you know I'm right. You feel it deep down somewhere. There's nothing right about training little girls who don't have a home. They've brainwashed us and turned us into weapons. We're nothing to them. You say I'm a traitor and a coward, but you take orders from someone who doesn't even know your name, and you don't even question them."