Chapter 5: Mafia

"Surprised?" He raised an eyebrow

"Surprised?" He raised an eyebrow. "I hope you didn't think you wouldn't see me again."

"Rather hoped." I shrugged my shoulders. "I guess wishes don't come true in New York."

What a fool I am, huh?

"I'm extremely sorry." The sarcasm in his voice could be heard for miles.

"I bet." I snorted.

I don't like that he doesn't say anything. He just looks at me. If he wants to shoot me, he should. I have better things to do if not.

Like going to sleep.

"So?" I raised an eyebrow.

"So?" He frowned.

"Will you tell me why you're here? If you want the guns, I have to disappoint you. They're somewhere by the side of the road. If it helps, I can give you directions to where they should be. But I make no promises."

"You think I don't have enough guns?"

"Well in that case...if you wanted to see me,you just had to say. I winked at him, which pissed him off slightly. It was quite visible. I don't think he tried to hide it at all.

"You're far too calm for someone with a gun pointing at their head."

"For someone holding a gun, you're not in control of the situation."

"You think?" He snorted.

"I know it." I tilted my head slightly to the side. "You want to know why?" I didn't wait for his answer. "Because this is my territory." I took out the sharp clip I had in my hair. My hair wasn't even able to reach my shoulders, and the clip was already flying directly onto his hand, in which he was holding the gun.

The moment the clip touched him, he let go of the gun. I jumped up to him and caught the gun before he did. I took a few steps back.

His gaze returned from his hand to me. He does not look pleased.

"But the effort is appreciated." I smiled. "I'm tired of aiming at you all the time. It's the second time in the last 24 hours. Be careful, I'm starting to think you like it."

"If you're going to keep talking, just shoot me." I looked for a hint of fun on his face, but I didn't find it.

"Ouch." I frowned. "That wasn't nice."

"What wasn't nice was you shooting at my brother."

Amazing. Really amazing.

Now I'm going to have him behind my ass, because I almost shot his brother. He won't leave me alone. I know, I wouldn't.

"I didn't kill him. You should thank me."

"Go to hell."

"Please take me there. It sounds much better than the places I've been to."