Chapter 45: Back in New York

"Everything all right?" Killian looked up at me as I sat across from him on the seat

"Lucy fell asleep." Which surprisingly didn't take long. I expected that she would not like it on the plane, but that is not the case.

"So now is the time for us to talk." He closed the laptop in front of him.

"About what?" I raised an eyebrow.

"About the future." Oh.

"I understand, you don't want Lucy in your house. But please, at least for a while. She would be in more danger in Luna's apartment. You have security...."

"What are you talking about?" He cut me off. "I have no problem with Lucy staying with me." He frowned. "I talked about plans with management."

"Oh." I was taken aback for a moment. "Well, now I have to contact a few people who will help me with their location. And then I'll go after them."

"That's not really a plan. You have one, right?"

"Yes, of course, but I don't want to discuss it now." Maybe because my plans have changed since Lucy is coming back with us.

"Okay." He took a paper out of his pocket and took a pen from the table in front of him. It looked like he crossed something out. I didn't have the chance to see what was on the paper.

"What is it?" I leaned slightly from the seat, but that didn't help either.

"You adopted a child. Not the same as a dog, but it's about as close as we'll get."

"I don't remember drinking anything, so unless you're talking nonsense, explain. I don't understand a word you said. What dog?" I reached for the paper in his hands but before I could grab it, he pulled it towards him.

"No. This is for my eyes only." He laughed and put the paper back in his pocket.

"Oh my god. Are these the things I told you when I was dying?" I didn't need him to answer. His face said it all. "You made a list? What the hell is there!" I jumped out of my seat and walked around the small table until I was standing next to him.

I reached for his pocket, but for some reason the whole plane moved and my hand ended up right on his crotch.

"That's not the list." Killian laughed. "Lyssa." There was a slight warning in his voice. Maybe it's because my hand is still on his crotch, which is either uncomfortable or he likes it too much.

"Yes, Killy?" I swallowed hard, but left my hand in place.

"Oh Lucy, you're already up." At his words, I immediately pulled my hand to myself and straightened up.

When I looked where Killian was looking a moment ago, no one was standing there. I heard his muffled laugh next to me.

"Idiot." I reached for him with my fist to hit him in the shoulder, but he caught my hand just before I touched him and pulled me onto the seat on his lap.