Chapter 38: Flour

Another chapter today cuz why not. ;)

I regret letting Killian go

I regret letting Killian go. I'm bored now.

If I knew what Nyx was doing, I would think of a plan, but since I don't, I can't do anything.

I let out a frustrated breath as I switched to another program on the telly. How is it possible that there is nothing normal in it?

I turned off the TV, and then I noticed that there was a black laptop under it.

Maybe I could watch some of the movies Luna was talking about.

I got up from the couch and went to the TV to get it. I took it and went back to sit down. I put it on the table and opened it.

Of course there is a password.

I'm glad I paid attention in computer classes. Even though I spent most of the time playing with a knife in my hand under the table, something stuck with me.

I easily overcame the password, which, by the way, was Acker0123.

I'll have to talk to Killian about that, because this password is beneath his dignity.

When the laptop loaded, there were no icons or wallpaper on the desktop. Suddenly, some folder just opened and something started to load in the middle of the screen.

To my surprise, a woman appeared on the screen.

Her dark brown hair was tied up in a high bun, from which a few strands fell directly into her face. Her skin was like porcelain, and her cheeks were pink. Full lips that were the shade of strawberries and sharp cheekbones.

She was looking at me like I am a ghost, and only then did I notice a small light near the camera.

This is a video call.

"Hi?" She said carefully. "Who the hell are you?" Her voice sounded sweet. She could swear all she wants here, her voice won't change. For some reason I can't imagine her being upset.

"You have to be Val, right?" I noticed her eyes and saw a bit of Killian in them.

"Yes. And you are?" She raised an eyebrow. "Wait, are you Eris?" I nodded. "Of course you are." She laughed. "Nice to meet you." She smiled, and I probably melted just because of that.

Are you telling me that this lovely and beautiful woman is the sister of the people I met here? Is she perhaps adopted?

She looks so innocent and happy.

"Sorry, you freaked me out a bit." I laughed nervously. "I was just trying to find a movie and you popped up." I explained to her.

"You're going to have to get another laptop. This one is only for video calls with me. Killian had it modified to make sure no one would break into it from the outside."