Chapter 10: Too many people

"There's your money

"There's your money." I nodded my head to the couch, which had a black briefcase with cash in it. I walked over to the table and sat down. "Problem?" I asked as I noticed how carefully she was looking at the money.

"I don't want them." She looked at me.

"Excuse me?" I frowned. What the hell is she talking about?

"Just kidding." She laughed. "You should have seen yourself." She pointed to her face while having fun. "I'll sleep better just by thinking about it." She closed the briefcase and took it in her hand. "A pleasure to work with you."

"I wish I could say the same." I mumbled under my breath so she wouldn't hear me.

"Come here." Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed how she bent down, and heard Odin walk up to her. She said something else to him, but I didn't hear her.

I don't understand what happened to Odin. He usually hates strangers. Even some people who live here. And her? He's known her for five minutes and he's already been with her more than I have. I don't like it.

"You do realize you're talking to a dog, don't you?" Not that I don't do it sometimes myself, but it doesn't suit her.

"Are you jealous?" She looked up at me. "If someone were to ask me which one of you is more pleasant..."

"But no one asked you." I interrupted her, which silenced her for a moment.

Just for a moment.

"I don't know what could it be, but I have a feeling that you don't like me very much." The moment she started walking closer to me, I regretted letting her in at all. "As I say, I don't know what could it be. I mean, look at me." She sat opposite me and put her head in her hands.

"Get out before I kick you out myself."

I'm fed up with her. I don't know what she's trying to prove, but this game of hers, or whatever this is, I'm tired of it.

"Wow, don't try to be nice or anything." She snorted and stood up. She reached for a piece of paper and a pen on my desk and began to write something.

"Here." She handed me a piece of paper with a number on it. "You're going to need it."

"Why?" I frowned.

"You'll see. Good luck with Abraham."

She smiled and petted Odin before walking out the door, who wagged his tail and stuck out his tongue. I don't think I've ever seen him so excited. Traitor.

 Traitor