Chapter 58: I missed you

Life is a beautiful thing

Especially when you see it disappear in someone's eyes.

The feeling is indescribable.

It brings me joy, like a little child at Christmas. I have to stop myself from jumping in place with happiness and joy.

"Mhmm, hmmm." I hummed one of my favorite songs while I painted.

With a dagger.

And my canvas was a woman's body. Dead for a few minutes. Or maybe hours. I don't know, I've been losing track of time lately.

I dragged the sharp side along her chest, asking for more blood, of which there was already more than enough on the table.

"Ugh." I placed the dagger on the metal table, the sound of which echoed throughout the room. I stood up and walked a few meters further to a chair on which was a mobile that kept ringing. It was annoying.

It was a little harder to pick up the call because of the blood on my fingers.

"What?" I finally succeeded and asked the person on the other end, visibly annoyed.

"Where have you been?" A woman's voice spoke up.

"Playing." I leaned against the cold wall and looked at the body on the table. It is losing its beautiful color every second.

"Of course." She snorted. "Where are you?"

"Still New York." I tried to push my hair away from my face, but accidentally smeared blood on it. Shit.

I rubbed my face with my other hand, but it probably only made it worse.

Awesome.

"Did you at least find something?" She sounded impatient.

"A few things, but nothing that interests you." I shrugged my shoulders. "I ran into a few problems, but it won't be long before I take care of them."

"What problems?" She asked, all too quickly.

Today started really positively. It was one of the better ones. I caused an accident, kidnapped a woman and almost killed her. I was so close, but then the man appeared there.

He was tall. He had a good body and a beautiful face.

Blood on that face would look spectacular.

His eyes were dark, the opposite of my bright ones. But when he saw me, something changed in them. As if he had softened.

And then the name came. Lyssa.

That woman also called me that. I didn't make any of it.

I almost killed the dark eye, but more and more people were walking through that door. Another woman, this time blonde. She looked familiar but I got out of there before we could have a girl talk.