Chapter 59: Old trick

"She could have killed you

"She could have killed you. Do you still want to talk to her? Because she doesn't seem interested." Luna was throwing her hands around. "She's crazy."

"I have to agree with Luna on this one. Nyx spoke. "That woman is not Lyssa."

"And what do you want to do?" I said between my teeth. "Kill her?" I snorted.

"We should at least consider it." Luna shrugged.

"And she's the crazy one, huh?" Everything about this situation is crazy.

"Okay, we don't have to kill her right away." Nyx approached the table. "We just have to make sure she doesn't do anything."

"You want to tie her up and interrogate her? Is that your plan?" Luna raised an eyebrow.

"Actually, yes. It's better than shooting her between the eyes. Even if she deserved it."

"And how are you going to get her? Because I have a feeling she won't just give up."

"I know the way. And I'm going to enjoy it." Nyx smiled. "It's going to be fun."

I already don't like this plan.

*****

So maybe it's not the worst plan.

At least no one gets hurt with it, unless something goes wrong.

"She's here." Luna spoke, standing by the window in the living room. "Let's go." She moved towards the exit and Nyx followed her.

I took my cell phone out of my pocket and sent a message that we were ready.

I walked behind Luna and Nyx, and when I opened the front door Lyssa was standing in the middle of the driveway with her hands in the pockets of her leather jacket.

She looked around as if she was waiting for someone to jump out at her.

"Ready?" Luna whispered next to me.

"Now or never, right?" I exhaled heavily and walked a little closer, but I left a space between us a few meters wide. "Is this what you wanted?" I gestured to Nyx and Luna a few steps behind me.

"I knew you'd be smart. Although I hoped not. It would be fun." She smiled and looked me over from head to toe.

"Why do you even want them?"

"You don't think that's any of my business?" She raised an eyebrow as if I had insulted her.

"I think I have a right to know."

She leaned slightly to the side to look at them behind me and returned her gaze to me. "Which one are you sleeping with?"

I almost choked at her words. "What?"

"Is that such a hard question?" She laughed. "I'd say it's easy. Blonde?" She looked behind me again. "No. I have a feeling you prefer the crazy ones." She shrugged.