Chapter 26: A walk

"You

"You." I looked at him in surprise when I opened the door and found him standing there.

"Me." He smiled.

"What are you...Odin." My gaze dropped to Odin standing next to Killian.

I immediately bent down to him, even though it hurt quite a bit, and he walked over to me. He was constantly wagging his tail while his tongue was sticking out.

I scratched behind his ears and greeted him before turning my attention to Killian.

"What are you doing here?" I didn't stop petting Odin.

"Odin needed to go for a walk, I thought since you can go for walks, you might as well join us."

"Really?" I smiled. "So Odin needed a walk." I laughed.

"Exactly."

"I'll go get my jacket." I shook my head before laughing and picking myself up off the ground.

I quickly grabbed the first sweatshirt from Luna's closet and returned to them. They were there exactly as I left them.

Killian leaning in the doorway, surprisingly not in a suit, but in casual clothes. A gray sweatshirt with black sweatpants and plain white shoes. His hair was a little messy, but he looked good. He looked like any other person.

And next to him Odin, whom he had on a leash. They looked amazing like this next to each other. Too good.

"Ready to go." I stopped in front of them and took the keys.

Without a word, Killian stepped back so I could lock behind us and waited for me before he and I started walking towards the elevator.

The ride down the elevator was quiet and I wondered if it would be like that the whole time. But Killian spoke as we exited the building.

"Do you want to take him?" He gave me Odin's leash and I accepted it with a smile.

Odin walked slowly beside us as we started walking towards the center of the city.

"I think I owe you a thank you." He spoke first again.

"For what?" I frowned.

"Finn's back."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I bit my lip to keep from smiling.

"Really?" He laughed. "If you don't want to take credit for it, I won't force you to. But thanks."

"I just opened his eyes. He's just in a difficult place, give him time, he'll grow up."

"I wish he'd never grow up. I wish he'd be twelve again and have no opinions of his own." He laughed nervously.

"Everything was easier when we were kids." I tried to hide my disappointment.

I miss being a kid. Doing stupid things and getting in trouble later.