Chapter 51: "Shit" 🔥

I don't even remember the last time I hugged Val

I have to say, I needed her. We all needed her here.

"This is new." She whispered.

"What is?" I asked, still hugging her.

"Us hugging. I like it." I could hear in her voice that she was smiling.

I hugged her even tighter until I probably took her breath away. It doesn't look like she's complaining though.

"Okay, okay, leave her to us too." I felt Kai's hand on my shoulder as he tried to pull me away from her.

"You already hugged her." I argued with him.

"Do I look like I care?" He pulled me harder and I gave in. I let go of Val and took a few steps back so he wouldn't roll over me. "Come here little sis." He hugged her tightly.

Only now have I looked at her properly. She looks taller, but that can be done by shoes. Her hair is a bit longer and she is more tanned. Seeing her through a laptop and then like this is really different.

"Is it really enough to threaten to leave and you come? I should have done it a long time ago." Finn laughed.

"You certainly should have." Sebastian put his arm around Finn's shoulders.

"Kai, you can let her go, she needs to breathe too."

"Finn's right, Kai." Val laughed and patted his back. "I have to breathe."

Kai finally let go of her and rolled his eyes quite visibly for all of us to see.

"So is somebody going to get me the wine or what?"

*****

We all sat in the living room and had fun all evening. Having Val back home was the best thing that could have happened after Finn decided to leave. We needed her here.

Although it is clear that she is only here for a while.

"I think it's time for you to go to bed." Lyssa said to Lucy next to me.

"Already?" She closed her face sadly. "But..."

"No buts, Lucy." She interrupted her. "It's late. Let's go." She stood up.

Lucy stood up on the couch and held out her arms to Lyssa who just laughed and picked her up.

"Say good night."

"Good night." She waved to everyone before burying her head in Lyssa's neck and they left together.

"She's a really sweet kid." Val smiled.

"Let's just hope she won't be after Lyssa." Sebastian said.

"And why?" Val frowned at him. "Because she is independent from her brother and can take care of herself?"