Chapter 28: Safety

"Tell me one more time

"Tell me one more time. Just to be sure."

"I won't say anything until we stop. Concentrate on driving." I pointed to the road in front of us. "We both know what happened last time." I whispered.

"I heard it."

I remained silent.

"Just repeat it to me." He exhaled heavily.

"We have to go back to your place so I can set all that up." I nodded my head to the back seat where the travel bag was. "You don't have to do anything, and I won't limit your security either. It'll be as if I wasn't even there."

"I doubt it."

"I heard it."

"And I tried to make you hear it."

"Are you still going to be this nice to me? It's only been two days." I rolled my eyes.

"If you had told me beforehand, we would have been in a different situation."

"Really? In what situation?" Suddenly I didn't care that he was behind the wheel. I want him to finish it.

"Guess we'll never know." He gave me a quick look and a smile that made my cheeks heat up.

First of all, what is this supposed to mean? Was he flirting with me or did I Imagine that? And secondly, what's going on with my face?

I cleared my throat. "Just drive." I finally got over myself and started watching the road even more carefully than he did.

"Whatever you say." That was the last thing he said for the rest of the drive.

He pulled up in the driveway just outside the entrance and we got out of the car without saying a word. I grabbed my bag from the back seats before he locked it.

I regretted the moment I opened the door to Killian's villa. Luna was standing in the hall with her arms crossed on her chest and a very unpleasant look. Theo stood right behind her, looking like he didn't care.

God, help me.

"I don't need to be here for this." Killian said as he slipped past Luna and nodded to Theo who followed him into the study.

Thank you all, you just left me with the devil here. With the devil, who I ignored for two days and let me tell you he looks really pissed off.

"Do you want to start explaining?"

Do I have any other option at all?

"I know what you're going to say." I slowly put the travel bag on the ground.

"Trust me, you don't." She snorted. "You can't imagine how scared I was. What were you thinking?"

"It was only for two days." I defended myself.

"I don't know if you realize it, but you can die in seconds. Two days is an eternity."

"You're exaggerating Luna."